


In Art History, we applied the Polykleitos Canon of Proportions to our beautiful people.
Marilyn is 7 heads, which is considered ordinary according to the source we used. However, I saw a source that says a ideal height is 7 heads. I think someone should see what Polykleitos did in Doryphoros.
Aside from being too short, most of her body parts are too high up. For example, her arms aren't long enough, her waist is too high, her navel is too high, her knees are too high, etc etc etc.
However, her nipples are in the PERFECT location, and they are perfectly spaced from each other. I guess you could say she has an ideal upper body. :D
10 comments:
but the proportions are also PERFECT bust/waits/hips are perfectly proportioned and she still was a beautiful woman
ya, we didnt do the bust, waist, hips, or face proportions because we didnt have time. We just did the height stuff, and I agree, she is very attractive.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Perfect proportions in humans and most animals does not really exist as even in what we consider close to perfect - on close inspection there will be a flaw however miniscule.For me "Meatloaf" got it right when he sang 2 out of 3 aint bad.
Kindest regards Stef.
Jason
i guess having the perfect upper body was enough for her
take carea nd be safe
bob
wow... i didn't know that so much analysis was required to check the perfection of a human body... very interesting and I am learning something new everyyyyy dayyyy....
The sad story about her is that she was a rather widely read intellectual who was treated as a bimbo all her life. Her foster mom even rejected her when she tried to call her mother. If you look at the photos made of her in the late 50's, and the performance she rendered with Clarke Gable in The Misfits, you appreciate her range as an actress. We speak of her physical imperfections, but I've always found that her greatest beauty was her vulnerability. She managed to project this under the most horrid of circumstances. The only famous person who understood this and did her justice was Elton John, long after her death.
Hehe.
When we spend so much time looking at/for perfection, its the things that aren't perfect that become beautiful
lol, howd u know where her nipples are? :P
tyler has a point
Hi Jason,
Fascinating blog!
I find it interesting that you wrote "Marilyn Monroe 'IS' NOT Perfect" as compared to "Marilyn Monroe 'WAS' NOT Perfect." She has passed on after all, but is obviously very much alive in the hearts and minds of people all over the world (including me).
Post a Comment