Sunday, September 27, 2009

Beautiful Women

I have to bring in a full sized picture of a beautiful person for Art History class on Wednesday. As you all know, I am gay but not out. So, I need your advice on a beautiful woman whose picture I can bring in. Bisexual readers, this one is for you!

And please try to be more creative than Megan Fox or Bar Rafaeli or someone obvious. Any gay guy can come up with a big name beautiful woman, but it takes a straight or bi guy to name a more obscure beauty.

Yes, I am planning on coming out to my parents soon, but I don't think I'll be ready to come out to everyone by Wednesday, so I still need to keep up the act.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've personally always liked Jewel Staite.
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3654260992/nm0821612

Pierre said...

Hmm you could try Kate Winslet, Victoria Beckham or Gisele Bundchen. Last ones a Victoria Secret model.

Pilgrim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Why don't you begin the softening up process by choosing a boyish looking woman and talk about gender merging, if you have to say stuff about your choice?

You don't have to 'come out' as such, but you could do that, which might also make the whole exercise more interesting for you.

or what about Liza Minelli in Caberet? There's a million interesting things going on there!

Just google Image search for her and there's a number of pictures.

You might also feel happier with a lesbian lady or a fighter like Germain Greer in her younger days - or what about a female impersonator? or a class drag act like Dr Evadne Hinge or Dame Hilda Bracket? Or the Two Fat Lady tv cooks (although one of them is sadly dead now).

Good luck!

Tyler said...

hmmm, well i gotta jet to the uni fair, but ill defo think about it while im there/ when i get back.

lol, too bad you cant just bring in David or something :P i was gonna do the David statue for a project for history on rene. art... but i ended up not doing the project cuz im dropping the class...

Octavius said...

My advice to you mate is Rebecca Cartwright. A lovely young thing from Australia, and also married to Leyton Hewitt.

http://i05.bdbphotos.com/5L/49/0000454549-45336L.jpg

Try that one out.

Courage and Honour!

Octavius.

loki4469 said...

Why not use a period picture, i.e older women (Marilyn Monroe, Maureen O'Hara, Raquel Welch, Sophia Loren, Natalie Woods etc.) You can show classic beauty.

Anonymous said...

Helen of Troy?
Cleopatra?

BUt, yOu COuld Take a Man, just say you asked yur sis or mom who they would take.

or just take David by Michelangelo and have done with it!

Lightning Baltimore said...

Go with a classic that gay guys love!

Like . . .

Marlene Dietrich
Audrey Hepburn
Katherine Hepburn
Elizabeth Montgomery

Anonymous said...

I'd perhaps personally go for Athena; she was the Patron Goddess of Athens, the Goddess of Wisdom, and the Goddess of Weaving. She was the Goddess of lots of other things too, but I'll let you do further research if needs be lol.

She was a warrior - which is why she's so often shown with a spear and a shield with Medusa's head on it and armor) and another of the three virgin goddesses (in addition to Hestia and Artemis). Her father was Zeus. Technically her mother was Metis (Goddess of Prudence), but it is generally accepted that she had no mother. Actually, it's an awesome story and you could read further in the link below.

Athena's got a leading role in a whole bunch of great myths, like the Odyssey for example. All in all, she's just fantastic. Want to read more?

http://www.paleothea.com/SortaSingles/Athena.html

A image that you could use when presenting her:

http://www.spiritualitea.com/books/family/minerva.jpg

Anyway, tell us what you pick in the end!


Petey

Anonymous said...

Though I'm pretty much gay, I would have to say Zooey Deschanel is really pretty.

So that's my thought haha.

Anonymous said...

Have a look on www.missworld.tv

You need not to be attracted but you are able to see if some one looks good.
You could bring two pics one of a beautiful woman and one of a beautiful boy.

RR

Anonymous said...

Sorry, just wanted to ask what the purpose of that assignment was btw? It might help in choosing a beautiful woman in meeting the criteria, if any.

I chose Athena because it can relate well with Art History (more history than art). You could also discuss how she is depicted as having multiple-gender roles (i.e. Warriors, which is usually depicted as males and rarely females)

Hope that helps.


Petey

Joe Jordan said...

google natalie glebova and search on YouTube for the same...

J said...

Try one of the shots of Charlise Theron on Google Images. Annie Liebowitz did a terrific nude shot of her for the New Yorker once. Theron saw to it that the photos were indeed art rather than porn.

Jason Carwin said...

I forgot to clarify. We aren't supposed to bring in art or anything relating to art. We are just supposed to bring in someone beautiful.

I suspect we will analyze the symmetry in their face or something. We are about to start Classical Greek, and the figures in classical greek are all youthful and symmetrical (and naked!).

Anonymous said...

How about Lea Michele from Glee?

Steevo said...

a mirror!

we r all beautiful

OlyQueerKid said...

Personally I would bring in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalyn_Echikunwoke

Who played Isabelle Tyler on the 4400. I doubt anyone else in class will have her.

OlyQueerKid said...

I would go with, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalyn_Echikunwoke , Personally. I dount anyone else in class will bring her in.

Mr. Urs said...

Well, I have a thing for Nigella Lawson.

Anonymous said...

How about a tribute to Farrah Fawcett-Majors? She was a pin-up for many a high school boy in her time.
R

Tyler said...

i like the idea of classic women such as Judy Garland or Audrey Hepburn without the fake boobs and orange tan...though this is art, you should try finding a woman whos face is well known for beauty, my favorite is Grace Jones, she has a striking face and well toned body, go google images of her.

Lightning Baltimore said...

Ah, Greek statuary . . .

I once got a boner at a museum 'cause a statue had such a hot ass.

(blush)

Anonymous said...

ah, there goes my suggestion of Greek Goddesses. And LMAO @ Mr. HCI :)

Just replying to your previous email and will include more of my suggestions in it. Too long to post here I reckon.

p.s. thanks for the tag in your previous post.

Good luck with the coming out too!


Petey

Unknown said...

my picks: audrey or katherine hepburn, jessica biel, eva longoria.

good luck with the coming out process. you sound like you've got a good head on your shoulders so it should be alright :)

let us all know how it goes. we'll be here to support you 200%!

Jason Carwin said...

Right now I am leaning towards Gisele Bundchen or Natalie Wood.

Anonymous said...

Natlie Wood or Marilyn Monroe? No one would question Marilyn. No one.

Anonymous said...

marilyn monroe is ALWAYS a classic