
I was bouncing around on the internet, and I discovered Christina Aguilera's Beautiful. I remember when this song was popular, but for some reason, it's significance flew straight over my head.
Obviously, the song is about standing up to criticism and believing in yourself no matter what other people say. I especially love how Christina chose to depict alternative lifestyles in her music video to illustrate this point. The video includes a gay couple and a cross-dressing man.
It's a great song, and it's so full of emotion. I think it is a great song for anybody who is in the closet (and it's great for people who are out as well).
The gay couple is super cute too. I love 2:14 when they start making out. They are a really good looking couple, I think. The pic at the top of this post show this couple.
Here is a link to the video. YouTube won't let me embed it, otherwise I would show it here.
10 comments:
Haaawwwtt....
Nasty. Sick. EWWWWWWWWW oh that was horrible
Amazing what I thought of when I saw the gay couple kissing long time ago.
I forgot all about this video actually once saw it on t.v. with my mom and it was the gay couple that turned me off at the time now I would love to kiss a guy like they did
Aww ethan. For some reason, I am laughing, but I shouldn't be. Perhaps it's the irony.
I don't care if you laugh Jason b/c I think it is the irony that is the most funny
I loved this for the reasons that you stated. They need to shove as many images like this in mainstream to desensitize people. Two guys kissing passionately is a good thing, and people shouldn't freak at it-- I remember when this came out-- I wasn't proud of the other kids in school who were freaked out by it :-(
Steve
So if you're an eight stone weakling, an ugly bitch or a couple of queers the message is the same. Coming from a black woman that's cool, I guess.
Shame is the weakling can become stronger and fitter, the ugly person can use beauty treatments and do much with plastic surgery to change appearance - so where does that leave us queers?
I ain't changing for anyone!
I liked the song though.
love the song. AND SOOO HOT!
love the song. AND SOOO HOT!
love the song. AND SOOO HOT!
ahhh i would so do the one on the right.
great song nonetheless. i always play it loud in my car :)
Post a Comment