Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Strange Weather

I woke up this morning and looked at my window to see winds blowing off the ocean. There were numerous clouds in the sky, and the air felt the way it does just after a good rain.

I looked at this sky and though, oh, I'll bet the fires will be put out soon.

But I was wrong. As the day progressed, things changed. It turns out, the clouds were only there because there is so much particulate in the air that all the water vapor is condensing on it to form clouds.

In fact, it even rained today for a few minutes. It has become very humid too (at least for Southern California). I imagine the humidity is caused by the water vapor being produced by the fires. Also, the clouds all disappated by the afternoon.

I was at work, and I thought I was going to boil. I watched the pool while standing in knee-deep water because I was burning up so much. It was not good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's peculiar, it coincidently rained over here as well...thunderstorms and all for around an hour or two. We usually have more of those this time of the year, then again I wasn't in the country for 3/4 of the summer to witness them.

Just a quick ponder: why do us Brits love talking about the weather so much? hhmm...

You've just probably made our day with this post lol.

midnight said...

They are predicting that here in the upper Midwest we will be seeing spectacular sunsets because of the fires in your area. Its too bad that destruction and death had to occur for this. My partner and I will be thinking of you as we watch. Hopefully we will get some photos to send you.

Jason Carwin said...

I took a photo of the sunset today. It was quite beautiful, but I took it well before the sun was set to slide beneath the ocean.

Anonymous said...

Yeah the weather is acting really odd here
We had colder then usual July and we set a record low at night sometime back
Actually it was a tie at 51F 2009 and the record was set back in 1956

midnight said...

Here is the link to the article that was in the local paper: http://www.startribune.com/local/56672942.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUs

midnight said...

Just popped my head out the door to take the dog in and there in the south was the almost full moon and close by was Jupiter. Really awesome. Hopefully we will have a clear night in a few when the moon is full. Try some photos and HD video of them. Just thought I'd mention this before I head for bed.