Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day of School

I had the first day of school on Tuesday. It was relatively uneventful. I enjoyed seeing some people I hadn't seen over the summer, but other than that, nothing really happened.

My classes are quite large. I have a class with 28 students in it. I know this is a small number for most schools, but I go to a private institution, and 28 students in one class is unheard of. We are completely maxed out on seats in all of my classes except 1. The teacher doesn't even have a place to sit.

The sad and pathetic story from yesterday is that I didn't even finish all the assigned homework from the first day.

I didn't finish reading the economics article that was assigned. I didn't even start Art History homework (but in my defense, I read it 2 years ago, so I will just go off memory). I wrote my math homework but left it at home (*face-palm*). I didn't do any of my English reading or writing.

I did do Spanish homework, which was to go through a list of literature and circle the ones I had read before. Today, the teacher asked us which ones we had read, and we lied and said we had only read one or two on the list. Now she has told us to read some texts which we already read, so I think I will skip that homework tonight.

I didn't do this homework because I was talking to my mom for about 3 hours. No, I didn't come out, but I did enjoy talking. We started talking about where my name came from (for an English assignment, and there is no story behind it). From there, we discussed healthcare, economics, foreign policy, other current events, intelligence (IQ versus people skills), and history. I don't remember what all we talked about, but it was nice. I plan on coming out during one of these talks with my mom. I just need the courage to bring it up.

7 comments:

Steevo said...

Didn't you listen to President?

Do your homework, damnit!

God knows we already have enough ignorant queers, and we don't want to add you to that list!

Seriously... dood u got senioritis B4 senior year FFS. HaHaHaHa

Yer mom knows... or is pretty sure. What u wanna bet?

Just do it!

and good luck...

steevo

Aek said...

Hehe, dude, just do it (with regards to your homework).

Health care is interesting, and it's particularly interesting observing it from "this side" as a med student. Not quite the same view as Washington, but we'll see (and keep our fingers crossed it doesn't fuck us over at the expense of the public).

Good luck with everything. :)

J said...

Just do it.

J

Anonymous said...

Homework sucks, but you just gotta do it. It will pay off in the end.

However - major major major props for talking to your mom for 3 hours. That's about 2 hours and 59 minutes more than most kids spend talking to their parents in a WEEK, let alone one day. I LOVE talking to my kids - I hope they enjoy telling me about their day FOREVER!

I agree with Steevo - I bet she knows, so don't stress too much

midnight said...

I also agree. I'll bet you that she knows and is just waiting to have it confirmed by you.

Anonymous said...

I'm starting my senior year today. Somewhat nervous...

And... do you have a crush on Brad? Haha. Or do you have any crush on anybody? I enjoy the fact that your blog is more intelligent, as opposed to "Oh my god. My friend is straight but I want to tell him how I feel. Should I write a letter?" or those other teenagery stuff, but it'd be nice to see you write some stuff about romance =P

Anonymous said...

to anonymous/6:33 am...

harsh bash on the "teenagery stuff" FFS.

Jason is very smart, 17, well educated, mature for 17, cute, articulate, in a private school bubble,etc.

But why imply his blog is somehow superior to any other gay boy looking for understanding and solace?

Then after perhaps making the 13 year old boy in 8th grade going thru hell on earth feel like a baby, you ask for "romance" and crush info from Jason..

But let's make SURE I get where you are at: So you like jason's "more intelligent" blog but you also want more of the juicy details of any possible romance?

Sounds "teenagery" obsession to me. Maybe YOU need to get a bit more intelligent, if not compassionate and non-judgmental your own damn self!

On your behalf I offer an apology to the young gay boys here who blog or just read. You are fine any way you are, wherever you are at as you try to understand being gay or bi or different! I am sorry if that anonymous blogger made you wince and feel less than entitled to write about what is hurting.

And speak up if and when you are ready. You don't have to write the perfect error free comment or post. Express your ideas or feelings as best you can. Others will ask for clarification if they need to. YOU are important, not the quality of your written English.

Most of us here in this corner of blogland are kind and considerate.

Be proud and if you are not PROUD yet, that's just fine too. Share the confusion and angst.

We listen well.