Proposition 1 in Maine is seeking to do the same thing that Proposition 8 did. We need to work together as a nation to defeat it. I know that the Proposition 1 has support from a national organization seeking to limit equality, so we need national resistance to it.
Here is the first advertisement that aired. I think it is a great ad, and you can donate to support it through
Protect Maine Equality. I'd donate, but I am still a minor, so I will wait until I turn 18 and start donating.
7 comments:
That's a great ad, thanks.
I like that add
Love the ad too. I added them to my Facebook page. I sure hope this one gets nipped in the bud fast and not end up like Prop 8.
Since when are minors prevented from making donations? If you feel that strongly and have some spare money, send them something. In the immortal words of Brooke Astor, "Money is like manure; it should be spread aroung."
Jason, why not give your donation to a trusted friend who is over 18 and have them make the donation? I was unaware there is an age-restriction on political donations, but even if there is, I'm sure you can find someone who would make it for you. I'd be happy to do it, but that might be kinda difficult! lol
Love your blog!
Denny
Absolutely yes! Do it - by one means or another.
I do not make a contribution as a minor because my money is all controlled by my parents, so they will see what I do with it, and I don't want them seeing me make a lot of contributions to gay marriage organizations.
I will make a donation once I have my own bank account, which I can open when I turn 18.
Post a Comment