Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Top Gear!!

I was talking to Tyler the other day, and I discovered that he watches Top Gear (I already suspected this was true).

Top Gear is a car show, but it is not your average car show. It isn't just a few rednecks going on about the latest NASCAR race. The presenters on Top Gear are hilarious and they often come up with strange and unusual ways to test cars.

I highly recommend the show to everyone. I think someone once described it as a car show for people that don't like cars.

I wanted to show you a clip, but I found it very difficult to decide on a single 5 minute clip. Every episode is excellent, and it was difficult to pick one clip.

So, I picked this 8 minute clip of Jeremy Clarkson reviewing the smallest production car in the world. Please watch and enjoy. If you don't feel like sitting still for 8 minutes, then I invite you to skip to 6:20, where you will soon witness one of the finest moments in BBC news-casting history.



If you are looking for more, then I suggest watching this clip. In this one, two of the presenters (James May and Jeremy Clarkson) review classic luxury cars and have a competition to see which is the best.

This clip also includes my favorite line from Top Gear. See if you can figure out what it is.

12 comments:

Pilgrim said...

It´s hilarious! Too bad I can´t receive BBC TV; only BFBS. Propz Pilgrim

WkBoy714 said...

I'm a regular watcher :)

Octavius said...

Top Gear is the best show ever!! My particular favourite, was the rangerover vs the challenger tank.

Octavius.

Ryan said...

Quite possibly the awesome-est little car I have ever seen!!! Awesome show, I love BBC television and will try and get a look at it soon! Thanks

Lots of love,
Ryan

Anonymous said...

"children come out of the womb faster than that"??

LOL this show is epic

SS

JP said...

I Love this show, I found it three years ago and I've been hooked ever since! Best motoring program on television, ever.

Jason Carwin said...

Anonymous got my favorite quote. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

That was funny (I skipped ahead on the video) and that quote is funny too

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Topgear, one of the few reasons I like living in Britain. Jeremy Clarkson what a legend!

torchy! said...

bit late to the party here.

of course we get top gear on the tv here, several channels in fact :P

it's funny but i dont often get to watch it. oddly, i was only talking to a mate about that little car earlier today. i was lmao at that clip.

nice one!
torchy!

Deadwing said...

I absolutely LOVE Top Gear!!!! It used to be on Speed Network where i live, but moved to some other channel i don't get. :(

Planetx_123 said...

I couldn't care less about cars-- honestly I just want one that gets me from home to school and work. But I LOVE Top Gear. I think it is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. I love Jeremy Clarkson!

Steve