Monday, September 14, 2009

Kanye Attempts an Apology

After his actions at the VMA, Kanye posted this apology on his blog. It was originally in all caps, but has been converted to sentence case by MTV:


"I’m sooooo sorry to Taylor Swift and her fans and her mom. I spoke to her mother right after and she said the same thing my mother would’ve said. She is very talented! I like the lyrics about being a cheerleader and she’s in the bleachers! I’m in the wrong for going on stage and taking away from her moment!

“Beyoncé’s video was the best of this decade!!!! I’m sorry to my fans if I let you guys down!!!! I’m sorry to my friends at MTV. I will apologize to Taylor 2mrw. Welcome to the real world!!!! Everybody wanna booooo me but I’m a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin’ the show at the crib right now cause … well you know!!!! I’m still happy for Taylor!!!! Boooyaaawwww!!!! You are very very talented!!! I gave my awards to Outkast when they deserved it over me … That’s what it is!!!!!!! I’m not crazy y’all, i’m just real. Sorry for that!!! I really feel bad for Taylor and I’m sincerely sorry!!! Much respect!!!!!


Am I the only one who thinks this apology is inadequate? First of all, is he defending his actions when he argues that Beyonce's video was "the best of this decade"? What does he mean when he welcomes Taylor to "the real world"?

First of all, I would have liked to see some proper grammar in this apology to show that he actually put some time into it. I would have also liked to see the phrase, "inappropriate behavior" and "deepest apologies" or something that sounded more sincere. Of course, maybe I'm just the sensitive type.

9 comments:

Pierre said...

I agree with you 100%

Ryan said...

I also agree 100%. Kanye should just go jump off a bridge.

naturgesetz said...

What it amounts to is he is saying Beyoncé deserved the award, not Taylor, but he's sorry he took that moment to tell her she shouldn't have got it. OTOH he also thinks she should expect this sort of thing, and since Beyoncé's video was better, Taylor should pass it on to her the way he gave his award to Outkast.

Still a complete jerk trying to deflect the criticism he deserves but unable to just apologize.

OlyQueerKid said...

I think this is the closest to an apology we're gonna see out of someone as self centered as Mr. West here. And that's complete BS.

I agree with you all the way. In a situation like this proper grammar and spelling. even word choice is extremely important. This is absolutely worthless in terms of apologies. I'd almost rather he didn't say anything than post something like this.

Tyler said...

fuck him.

i never liked him anyways.

he's been drowned in popularity, and that mixed with his ghetto, gangsta attitude just equals what we've seen by him. disgusting outbursts all over the place, whether if its onstage at the VMA's or, him throwing around some paps cam.

midnight said...

It seems to be the trend lately to make a non-apology apology. Just look at all the 'apologies' made by congress people caught with their pants down or shouting "Liar". An apology today doesn't mean a thing . Just hollow words.

Jason Carwin said...

@midnight, I think someone did a mash up of Kanye and that dick congressman. I will look for it and post it tomorrow if I can find it.

Mirrorboy said...

He's a crazy weirdo. It's beyond me how he could even go up there during someone's special moment and do what he did. I don't think he's in the 'real world'.

J said...

NBC reported that Obama called West a "jackass". I sure hope he doesn't apologize for that.