Well, this is a few days late, but I think it still counts. My family had a Thanksgiving dinner tonight (turkey, mashed potatos, etc). It's only my third Thanksgiving dinner in 4 nights.
So here is my short list:
I am thankful for...
1) My Friends. They really are awesome. I am so happy with how coming out went. I couldn't have asked for anything better.
2) My Family. They still love me, which is something that many people deal with after coming out. I am so fortunate to have a family that tolerates me. Sure, I would love to take that to the next level: Acceptance, but I am content at tolerance for now.
3) My Twin Brother. He truly accepts me, and I am so grateful for this. I will never think of him in the same way after coming out. I think coming out really changed things between us.
Last, and certainly not least: I am grateful for YOU. You guys are incredible. I am really happy that I decided to start blogging, and it has been a great release for me and a great way to reflect. I think everyone should blog or keep a diary at least.
I am also thankful for all the support and advice that I receive. The bloggers “club” is really amazing and so open to new people. It's only been a 4.5 months since I started blogging, and everyone has been really helpful to me. I am also grateful for the people that take time to email me. They always make my day. :)
4 comments:
:)
Magic!
I hate tasteless turkey but I'm more than happy to bask in a little reflected glory.
So I'll give thanks for you, J - to a guy who's always been honest enough to say what he felt. What his hopes and his fears were and who admitted, at one stage, post after post, that he hadn't done what he'd sworn blind to us all he would do!
But it's all come out well - so it's all forgiven.
Apart from that mashed potato, and if I ever have to eat lumpy mash again, then someone's going to swing for it!
^_^ I'm glad everything turn out great for ya.
So many people are pushed around, pushed to the sidelines, pushed from the mainstream, that finding a place to be loved and accepted is so rare, it is almost like Eden.
I feel the same way about bloggerland as you do. So, full of openness and willing to share support.
Post a Comment