Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Classic Disney Movie Night

My friends and I just made plans for Friday night:

We'll be watching Pocahontas and one other Disney movie. There is currently a debate between those who want to watch The Emperor's New Groove and those who want The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

I'm so excited.

Also, these two songs have been stuck in my head for the past week:







And we are all connected to each other,
In a circle, In a hoop that never ends.

How high does the Sycamore grow?
if you cut it down, then you'll NEVER know.

And you'll never hear the wolf cry to the blue corn moon,
for whether we are white or copper skinned,
we need to sing with all the voices of the mountaintop,
we need to paint with all the colors of the wind

You can earth the earth and still,
all you'll own is earth until
you can paint with all the colors of the wind.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors of the wind~makes me want to watch pocahontas! hahahaha

Hope u don't mind me intruding ^^

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen that video in so long
I think I will watch it over my Thanksgiving break

idkwhatsthat said...

I've never seen those movies. Wow now I feel alone. haha

Jason Carwin said...

It's OK. I haven't seen Pocahontas since I was very young. I can't remember how it ends. Actually, the same goes for Hunchback.

Steevo said...

...can we say G-A-Y friends?

Too funny.

I admire the way you can post on such wildly divergent topics.

Did you have a doll when you were a kid? I did. No surprise with my rents. Just 1 tho. I named him too. He is tattered a bit and worn thin just like the Velveteen Rabbit.

I keep him with my underwear. Always have. Once he was not a everyday companion I put him there. Cuz I had kewl undies. He likes it there. I'm sure of it.

Dan has his teddy bear too.

Steven Lester said...

Most of the time I can watch Disney's stuff without feeling much of anything but The Hunchback did me in. His character was voiced, if I remember right, by Luke Skywalker (what was his stage name?) And I wept silently at the point where the lady which he had just saved and who he loved so desperately, went instead to the handsome dude who deserved nothing, but got everything, just because, and when Quasimodo cried inside at the sight of their embrace, so did I. This was not because I ever lost a secret beloved like he did, but because I was mocked and berated like he was, and ignored as well. I knew how he felt just then, and so, I was his brother for a moment, even though he never lived, except as a collection of data bits contained within a DVD dye matrix.

An ancient memory, restored by your report of your Friday planning. Poor, dear Quasimodo.

Anonymous said...

when i came out to my mom she said she already knew since i was 5 coz when i watched pocahontas i wouldnt stop singing just around the river bend.... XD (i hate stereotyping but im afraid they do exist...)