Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Friends and I

Last night, I realized that my group of friends is incredibly unique. It's a small group, comprised of only 6 people, but we are very close. I realized that unlike other groups, we have no internal drama. There is no single crux to the group. We are all comfortable hanging out with each other, even in a one-on-one situation.

I guess you could say that we are the core group, and we have some peripheral friends, but we are usually their "back-up" friends. I realized that we have no drama and we have no problems within the group. Nobody acts petty towards another member of the group. I think part of the reason for this is our lack of partying/drinking etc. We hang out every weekend, but we usually play board games, go out to dinner, and chat. There is opportunity for drama.

I think this is really cool. Most groups I know of are full of undercurrents and weird dynamics. It makes me sad to realize that in 1 year, our group will be torn asunder. I can only hope that I can find a similar group of friends when I go to university.

Wow, that post was so vain (It probably thinks this song is about it).

9 comments:

Ty said...

dont think its vain at all man

its cool that you have friends like that

Peace:)

Anonymous said...

Its cool not to party too. Some folks just don't like parties.

Love.

Jason Carwin said...

Ya, we aren't party people, but I still have tons of fun on the weekends.

Tonight, we are going out to Japanese BBQ and then watching SNL and playing Catphrase/Monopoly/The Big Taboo/Set/Balderdash/Life/Cranium/anyother board game we feel like.

I have like 6 different games in the back of my car. It's kind of absurd.

Anonymous said...

I like to get drunk and act like an idiot, but I also like board games. And I flee from drama. Who am I?

Mike said...

LOL... I remember Monopoly was suddenly cool again about my senior year of high school with the football players who would play it while drinking.

That's great you have such a great group!!! Seriously, enjoy these last few months of high school!

Anonymous said...

don't assume it will be torn asunder - my wife's group of friends from HS is just like this - there are about 5 of them - when they (we) are together it's like no time has passed - whether it's one or two or all of them .... and this is many years after graduation day - it's something quite special and worth holding on to!

DeviantSon said...

They sound like great friends so what is holding you back from telling them who you really are? Not criticizing just asking.

Steevo said...

@Teigue: friends that close prolly know or dont care.

Jason Carwin said...

@goleftatthefork: That is so cool. I hope my friends and I stay that close after graduation.