Saturday, November 21, 2009

Annoying Remodel

We are currently in the process of remodeling my house. It's a rather significant remodel, and I find it a bit annoying. First of all, the family room (with the TV and computer) has a wooden wall running down the middle of it because the workers took over the other half.

My hallway also has one of these walls. The wall around the water heater is gone as well, so the hot water is not as well insulated, wasting energy and making my showers rather unpleasant. Also, it's rather loud.

They have also removed the deck that my room opens out onto, meaning that if I step outside, I will fall about 8 feet to the ground. Also, the workers are pounding away at something which causes my floor to shake. It's not very enjoyable.

This house will be finished just in time for me to leave to college, meaning that I get to enjoy none of its beauty even though I will suffer the annoyances.

P.S. In about 1 month, I will be kicked out of my room because they have to rebuild 2 of the walls.

4 comments:

naturgesetz said...

You should have DEMANDED that they wait until you were gone! LOL

No! Wait! If you had done that, you'd have had nothing there to come back to on breaks and vacations. At least this way you have a little bit of an opportunity to claim your room and make it your own before you go off to college. And this means that you want to choose a college that starts later rather than sooner. LOL

And does this mean that you'll have to bunk with your evil twin while your room is being worked over?

Also, we want pics — work in progress, your room before & after, the drop perilous, etc.

Mr. Urs said...

I hope there are at least some cute builders to compensate for the inconvenience.

R. Burnett Baker said...

Oh yeah. Hot, sweaty construction boys.

Tool belts with hammer, wrench, crowbar, nails, condoms, KY, and emery boards. (emery boards???!!!)

And don't forget sawdust in the hair!

Remodel away!!!

Seth said...

Maybe when they take over your bedroom, you can move out to the new deck?

*grin* LOL j/k


:)