Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Funeral Playlist

Ok, I made a playlist for my funeral.

First off, I am NOT suicidal. I don't plan on dieing anytime soon. I've only just begun living!

BUT, I recognize that death is a part of life, and I am prepared for the worst. I made this funeral playlist because I want my funeral to be EPIC. The links on each song take you to the youtube video for that song:

1) Adagio for Strings
2) Amazing Grace
3) Vois Sur Ton Chemin from Les Choristes
4) Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas
5) Relax, Take It Easy by Mika
6) Heaven (feat. Mitch Crown) by Quintino
7) Staying Alive by the Bee Gees
8) Die Another Day by Madonna
9) D.A.N.C.E by Justice
10) Dance in the Dark by Lady Gaga
11) YES by LMFAO
12) Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake
13) So Happy I Could Die by Lady Gaga


Allow me to explain my logic:

I start with some a sad song, Adagio for Strings and then go into a spiritual song: Amazing Grace. After that, I transition to Vois Sur Ton Chemin, which is arguably the most beautiful music ever created. Then things start to get a little happier with Colors of the Wind, which I think is uplifting. Next, I tell the listener to “Relax” and “Take it Easy” because I'll be going to “Heaven,” so I'll be “Staying Alive.” In other words, I will “Die Another Day.” I also tell the listener to “D.A.N.C.E,” specifically, I them them to “Dance in the Dark” while saying “YES” because this is an awesome funeral. Remember, “I'll be bringing Sexy Back,” and now I'm “So Happy I Could Die.”

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah.... most of the songs here people can dance to... and im not sure they'll want to dance when someone as AWESOME as u just left them for good... i think they'll want to cry and or mourn.... XD awesome playlist tho...

Joe Jordan said...

OMG... Reading the title, I got scared a bit.

But as I finsihed reading, I said to myself, you are DEFINITELY one of the people that I would like to meet in heaven, if not in real life..LOL... ^_^

Anonymous said...

You are one of those guys who over plan for their life or in this case death but oh well

Well you got your death planned out but I hope death waits another 90 years to for you since I want to know more about you

Steven Lester said...

Gracious! Is there anything you DON"T do well?

v1b2n3m4 said...

love it :)

Jason Carwin said...

Thanks, Landyn. I love it too. Today listened to my Funeral Playlist just for fun. Then I did math homework. I think a little part of me died during it.

Aek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aek said...

Cool idea. Hmm, I wonder what I'd have on my list. You can tell a bit about people based on what they choose in things like this. Let's see, I think I'd choose (at least some of) the following:

1. Barber's Adagio for Strings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dPDO3Tfab0

2. Natasha Beddingfield - Pocketful of Sunshine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2h1YDC84Bo

3. Rise Against - Swing Life Away
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_WwsA_Ky-k

4. Apocalpytica - Nothing Else Matters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNBhK96nvCM

5. The Section Quartet - Such Great Heights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmXslBjoffs

6. Chopin - Piano Sonata Op. 35, No. 2, Mvt. 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z97-4OhC1FE

7. Beethoven - Piano Sonata Op. 13, No. 8, Mvt. 2 (Pathetique)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVY8Okg0MUs

8. Chopin - Etude in E Major Op. 10, No. 3 (Tristesse)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNAyKL2GHvA

9. Wang Leehom - Luo Ye Gui Gen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZQgVEaUN7M

(Sorry, forgot a link.)

Lightning Baltimore said...

I caught the last hour or so of Les Choristes on TV a while back. Boy choir music is not generally something I like, but I loved (what I saw of) the movie and even bought the soundtrack CD (another thing I very rarely ever do). I'm getting ready to get to bed and read 'til I fall asleep; now, I know what to grab off the shelf for listening.

:-D

Jason Carwin said...

Les Choristes also holds a special place in my heart because I saw it with all my friends while I was in Switzerland. We saw it on DVD, but the movie and the music still connects me to that time and place.

I don't remember the plot, but I recall that it wasn't all happy-yay-yay stuff. I think it was rather heavy.

J said...

Amazing Grace is overused these days, but by far the best, most authentic rendering of it I have ever heard is an a capella version recorded by Ralph Stanley and the Clinch Mountain Boys. You really should hear it.

Unknown said...

While I'm not familiar with all of the music on your list Carwin, I find it very special because of the wide diversity of music. Too many kids your age are so locked into one or two types of music (most of it appalling, too), and your eclectic selections show a maturity beyond your years.

Have you listened to any of Libera's music? They are quite possibly the best youth choir in the world at this point, and have some beautiful arrangements.

This gets me started on thinking about my top ten music (a way of putting it I prefer rather than my funeral list lol), and mine will definitely include many arrangements on the wonderful Theatre Pipe Organs around the world - beautiful stuff!

Thanks as always...
AZ Denny

Anonymous said...

Just play Electric Funeral by Black Sabath at mine.