Wednesday, November 25, 2009

No Go

The car got here, and my brother and I went for a drive, but I didn't come out. For two reasons:

1) My little brother (age 9) was in the back seat. I'm not ready for him to know. I want my parents to help explain to him what being gay means.

2) My twin brother wasn't really listening to me because he was concentrating on shifting. We stalled once: In our driveway. lol. Maybe I can try coming out tonight, but right now he's washing the car, as in, rubbing it with a diaper. He'll be at it for hours, and I think it's a bit awkward to go up and join him, come out, and then leave.

More on this later.

9 comments:

Just said...

Hang in there Man ... Chin Up ... you will do it ... you did it with your parents .... Breathe.... Just

Aek said...

The universe is conspiring against you. It's time that you spit in its face.

Best of luck dude, and Happy Thanksgiving!!

naturgesetz said...

I have it. Just go up to him and say, "Are you gay?" And he'll say, "No, why do you ask?" And you'll say, "Because I was wondering if it ran in the family, seeing as I am." And he'll say, "Cool. Thanks for telling me." Or, "Well, duh." Or else when you ask him he'll say, "Yeah." And you'll say, "Cool. Me too." Or else when you ask him he'll say, "Who are you calling gay?" and punch your temporary crowns down your throat.

Yes. The indirect approach works best.

Seriously, I know that it isn't easy to tell someone what up to now has been your deep dark secret and still feels like it. But when you get the chance seize the moment.

Anonymous said...

LOL I know how it feels to stall a car I STILL do it and I being at it for about 5 months now

Ok don't worry I'm sure the best time will come up soon

Joey said...

Don't get discouraged. When the time is right you will know it. I admire you for your bravery and ambition.

Happy Thanksgiving!

CrawlingOutOfTheCloset said...

Aww! It's nice to know we all share similar experiences.

Coming out to my mom and best friend was like that too. One way or another, there was always something that somehow just got in the way.

But stay strong, once you finally tell him I'm sure all these failed attempts will be something you can both joke about in the future. Good luck! :)

Jason Carwin said...

I'm actually not a big fan of the indirect way. Someone tried that on me, and I was very uncomfortable. But, I guess all coming outs are uncomfortable to some degree.

Mike said...

Relax! Just do it at a time that feels natural!

Boyd and Lloyd said...

The right time will come. :)

- Lloyd