Sunday, November 15, 2009

Spider Horrors

Last night, I was driving with my friends when an ENORMOUS spider descended from the ceiling towards my chest. It was about 3 inches from my face when I panicked and flung it away from me. The other two people in the car started panicking as well, and in the midst of the confusion, I let my foot off the brake. I began to roll forward towards the car in front of me, and I was mere inches away from it when I realized my error and slammed on the brake. I came within inches of rear-ending someone, but I wasn't even worried about that. I was, and still am, thinking about the terrifying spider that lives in my car. I'm still scared to drive in that car.

8 comments:

idkwhatsthat said...

I feel your pain I hate spiders so much!

Biki Honko said...

New car!! New car!!! Gack! I HATE spiders with a passion. When asked if I hate any one I say no, cause I don't, but think to myself spiders!

mrgagaa said...

I'd react the same way, perhaps even worse. I probably would've ended up in a full-blown collision, lol.

Aek said...

Hahaha, that's funny. I'm sure you've heard that statistic that there's usually a spider within 3 feet of you, almost anywhere you go.

naturgesetz said...

My first reaction was LOL, but I realize that it's really no laughing matter for you. But if you're so scared that you actually can't drive the car, it's time to do something about the phobia.

If I saw a spider in my car it would be a distraction, but mostly because I'd want to make sure I didn't injure it.

Ryan said...

I COMPLETELY AND WHOLE HEARTEDLY feel your pain! lol. I do not really "love" spiders that much although i never kill them.

But it that happened to me I would have freaked just as much if not more than you did.

Def time for a new car!

Lots of love,
Ryan

Seth said...

OMG I am the exact same way. I'd probably have run screaming from the vehicle. In fact, I ~HAVE~ done that several times!!

Steven Lester said...

Well, I know that you're rich enough to get a new car but it would be a lot cheaper and just as effective to buy a bug bomb (a small one, of course) and fire it up inside your car one night. Anything alive in your car will not be the next morning. Just make sure you air it out for 15 minutes or so. I've done this myself once with fleas when I was living in a town built practically on nothing more than sand dunes. I was never bothered again.