Monday, November 2, 2009

Game Plan

For some reason, I still have not told my twin brother. I know, it's really bad. At this point, I'm not nervous. I guess I'll just walk into his room and tell him that I'm gay.

As for telling my friends, I think this will happen by December 19, which is when I go with my friends to a Lady Gaga concert. I don't think I can pretend to be straight and go to a Lady Gaga concert. I'm not saying I'm going to suddenly becoming very flamboyant; I'm just saying that most straight men don't go to Lady Gaga concerts, so there is no point in pretending anymore.

That means that by the time I return from Winter Break, everyone at school will know. This doesn't bother me too much. My mom wants me to wait until second semester, which doesn't start until February 1, but that's a long time from now...

Plus, I won't be so stressed in January because all my college apps will be done, and (hopefully) I will be accepted to Yale (or deferred (starting to seem more likely), or rejected).


As for telling my friends, I think I will tell them all at once. This has several advantages:

1) My friends will know who else knows, so they can gossip amongst each other
2) They never have to wonder if such-and-such knows already.
3) They will have each other when I tell them. The first time someone came out to me I was the only one in the room who didn't know, and it felt awkward.
4) Nobody will be the "last to know," so nobody's feelings will get hurt (as was the case when Brad came out).

7 comments:

naturgesetz said...

That all sounds pretty reasonable.

Anonymous said...

Good.

Yes.

That sounds like a good plan.

It's feeling better already, isn't it? It's nice being honest!

Joe Jordan said...

good plan... go for it...

Anonymous said...

Ironically enough your blog almost ousted me.

I think this is a good idea and nobody is forcing you to tell your twin ASAP so don't worry about what people might say to that

Good luck I'm sure you will do fine though

JP said...

Good and perfectly reasonable plan!

Also, about the Lady Gaga concert, she recently performed in my area and a good amount of straight guys from my journalism class went to go see her, her talent seems to span all sexual orientations lol.

All the best,
JP

Will said...

I'm a new reader, but I've been reading up on your blog, and you have made a tremendous amount of progress, and that is truly commendable.

Coming out in High School seems like the toughest thing in the world, but you seem to have a great perspective on it. I don't think I've ever felt as in-control of my life as right after I came out to my parents and friends.

Congrats, and keep us updated!

DeviantSon said...

Have you thought about taking your twin to the Lady Gaga concert and telling him that way? Just a thought.