I had almost 5 hours of homework last night.
This is not good.
My college essays are part of the problem. I spend 1 hour per night on them.
Fortunately, I will be done with my essays by Friday. At least, that's my goal. In the meantime, I will just deal with the stress.
Good news:
My Physics class took a test and 1/3 of us failed, but I managed to pull off an A. I got 3 points marked off out of 45.
1 point on some multiple choice
2 points on another question, but I believe I'm right, so I'll talk to my teacher to figure out what the deal is.
6 comments:
Sorry about the homework load, but in a way it's good preparation for college. I remember in my undergrad years there were times when pretty much the only thing I did after school was homework. And now in grad school, I pretty much don't know the meaning of free time. So enjoy HS while you can and see this as a way to prepare for bigger things down the road.
The college essays will definitely pay off if you do them right. If they mean a lot to you, get someone to critique them and offer suggestions. These essays could be the difference between going to your choice school and settling for second best. They're a chance for you to highlight aspects of yourself that the admissions committees may not otherwise see.
Good luck with everything and keep us posted.
5 hours eh? That's quite a bit.
Hmm, perhaps that's how much I *should* be studying, but I'm not in favor of burn-out. :-P
Hurray on the physics exam!! Well done man. Sounds like you're really on top of things - just imagine how much worse it'd be if you were behind in a couple classes!
Five hours? Boy, you have no idea.
Just wait.
Yeah that is a lot of homework time but it's good to know that you did well on your test
5 hours is about standard in college, at least from what I found last year - my freshman year.
Which shows the problem - you aren't in college yet and you wanna enjoy your senior year.
College essays are a bitch, but they determine the next 4 YEARS of your life. A few hours now will definitely pay off.
About your "growing up gay" post, I totally identify with it, especially here in SoCal. Its a pretty conservative area, wealthy, and republican for the most part. I feel like if I lived in San Fran or went to Berkley or somewhere where gays ACTUALLY weren't stereotyped then I would feel more comfortable coming out, but people around here tend to buy into the media machine that portrays all gays as the extremes from the Pride Parades.
Totally off topic, weird weather we have been having here lately eh? You aren't close to the fires I hope...I've been seeing coverage on the news occasionally. Some said that they were getting near the 5 freeway in some parts.
Take care man, I'm around here fighting the same battles too.
I just realized that paragraph had HUGE run-on sentence. I usually don't fail that hard with grammar.
But then again, this is blogland...
Post a Comment