Thursday, October 29, 2009

Homecoming AWESOMENESS

I am wearing red shorts, red boxers, red sunglasses, red hairspray in my hair, red face paint, a red t-shirt, and a red jersey that says SEN10RS and has my name on it as I compose this post.

This past week was homecoming week at my schools. Like most schools, the week is full of competitions between the classes. Our school also adds something to this. Each day has a different theme, and everyone dresses up per the theme.

Monday was Superheros and Villains day, and upperclassmen were Villains, so I dressed up as The Hunter Who Killed Bambi's Mother.

Tuesday was Salad Dressing Day, and Seniors were Caesar, so I just wore a toga.

Wednesday was Seasons Day, and Seniors were Winter, so I showed up with a ski jacket, ski hat, and goggles.

And Thursday, today, was Class Colors Day. My Senior class is red, and we decorated the school in a way unlike any other class before us.

Our theme was X Factor because the the Roman numeral for 10 is X, and we are the class of 2010.

In our main building, we put red signs or red saran wrap on every desk and arranged them in an X. We also took a picture of every senior and made a sign for them with a little logo explaining what their “X Factor” is. We hung these up in the halls.

We also made dozens of huge, butcher-paper signs with various logos such as “Beat Down City,” “Respect Your Seniors,” and “Seniors 2010.” Furthermore, we covered every clock in campus with a sign that said “It's Senior Time.”

Outside, we ran hundreds of feet of saran wrap around/between trees and other objects. Also, we had something on the order of 1000 balloons. We had balloons on every fence and we even had a balloon arch.

We took replaced all the expo markers in the classrooms with red expos that read "Seniors 2010." We also replaced all the utensils and plates in the cafeteria with red items. The bathrooms all had signs saying something to the effect of “Only Seniors and Staff are Allowed to Relieve Themselves Here.”

We put saran wrap in the windows and painted Seniors 2010 on them. We covered cars with car markers and whatnot. The signs on the drive to campus were also replaced with signs glorifying the Seniors.

Also, we had 1000 red cups and arranged them in the fences to say things such as “Seniors 2010” or “X Factor.”

Also, everyone had matching jerseys with a nickname on the back. We also had matching sunglasses and sweatpants. Of course, one of the students brought all his DJ equipment and played music for us all day and we even got a Moon Bounce just for us.

It was amazing, but you have no idea how much work went into it. I was at school yesterday from 7:00 to 11:00, and there were many people that spent even more time at school. Some people didn't even go to sleep because they were working all night (did I mention we had 1000 balloons?). People also got to school at 5:00 AM. I meant to get there for the morning shift, but I over slept and didn't get there until 7:00. Nevertheless, we still had an incredible amount of decoration.

I'm glad we put in this amount of work because all the teachers and Dean of Students agreed that this was the most they had ever seen the school decorated. We even distributed red sunglasses to the Middle School and Elementary School.

And of course, we won the week of competitions (without having to cheat!).

Btw, pictures to follow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol good to know you didn't cheat.

Wow I can't believe your school let you guys do all that. I have a better chance of being straight then my school doing all that yours did

Aek said...

Wow, that's A LOT of work going into those decorations. I'm not sure my high school would've permitted the extent to which your class went to. o_O

Maybe things have changed in the last . . . 5-6 years. Damn I'm old.

Mike said...

That's some school spirit and that's not even a senior prank!

Unknown said...

That is SO COOL that your school will allow (and even encourage) you to do this sort of stuff. Back when I was in HS we would have been expelled for that sort of thing. Hey - HAVE FUN WHILE YOU CAN!
AZ Denny

Steven Lester said...

Goodness! You attend the perfect High School. This just shows what a lot of money and class can do.