Now you have Uni finals, master's thesis, dissertation defense, but no pressure. Hell, James sailed through his just recently. I wonder when we will hafta call him Dr. James? ;-)
Yes, Tyler, SAT tests are on Saturdays. I was only taking the Math Level 2 Subject Test, so it was only 1 hour long. Some of my friends were taking the Reasoning Test, which is 5 hours long. They are still there. Poor souls.
The reasoning test is actually the most painful test I've ever endured.
SAT and ACT tests are given on Saturdays down here, Tyler. Don't know if the ACT still exists, though. I took it just in case a school where I applied wanted it (nope). I finished something like an hour before it was over, so I just sat there, bored out of my skull.
Kid I knew in hs showed up at a party in a bad mood. We asked what was wrong and he said he'd gotten a 400 on his SAT. We asked if that was for verbal or math. Nope. "Combined!!"
Hurray for being done with the SAT! Now you just have to worry about the harder standardized exams down the line (or at least, I do).
The Math 2 Subject Test wasn't too bad when I took it. What's the Reasoning Test? Is that Verbal Reasoning? If so, it wasn't THAT bad when I took it . . . maybe things have changed.
There was just math and verbal at the time, for a maximum combined score of 1,600. I think you would get a combined 400 if you did nothing more than sign your name.
The SAT's are standardized tests which are basically the same throughout the country.
I never studied for them but got a fairly decent score - therefore I'm unconvinced of their utility. That's probably why they are only one measure that admissions people consider when evaluating you college application package.
@goleftatthefork: lol, I actually got my score mixed up for the longest time. I knew the combined score (out of 2400), but I got mixed up about the scores on each section. I even told my college counselors the wrong scores, and I only recently realized my mistake.
Horrible realization: Every day they'll be contests, and every week will have its tiny crucifixions. If you're good you might trade on your stigmata to make a decent living.
22 comments:
Now you have Uni finals, master's thesis, dissertation defense, but no pressure. Hell, James sailed through his just recently. I wonder when we will hafta call him Dr. James? ;-)
The thing no one knows is that I never had to take the SAT's. ;)
Congratulations! :)
too early for celebrations?
>.>
<.<
you were doing tests an a saturday?
Those were not fun.
Now you have University writing tests/placement tests :)
Lol. Thanks for the reminder, Steevo.
Yes, Tyler, SAT tests are on Saturdays. I was only taking the Math Level 2 Subject Test, so it was only 1 hour long. Some of my friends were taking the Reasoning Test, which is 5 hours long. They are still there. Poor souls.
The reasoning test is actually the most painful test I've ever endured.
SAT and ACT tests are given on Saturdays down here, Tyler. Don't know if the ACT still exists, though. I took it just in case a school where I applied wanted it (nope). I finished something like an hour before it was over, so I just sat there, bored out of my skull.
Kid I knew in hs showed up at a party in a bad mood. We asked what was wrong and he said he'd gotten a 400 on his SAT. We asked if that was for verbal or math. Nope. "Combined!!"
Hurray for being done with the SAT! Now you just have to worry about the harder standardized exams down the line (or at least, I do).
The Math 2 Subject Test wasn't too bad when I took it. What's the Reasoning Test? Is that Verbal Reasoning? If so, it wasn't THAT bad when I took it . . . maybe things have changed.
Yay indeed.
Now there's just the LSAT or GRE or whatever that call the one for med school, if you choose one of those routes for post-grad education. LOL
Jason are the SAT tests the same nationwide? Or does each state regulate their own versions of the SATs?
The way Texas schools are dumbing down the students - I doubt if most students can spell the word SAT.
Who's buried in Grant's tomb??
Congrats, Jason. And how'd the math part go? Did you get your college essay problems resolved?
Aek--maybe those tests weren't that bad because of the intelligence of the person taking them? ;)
SAT Reasoning is the normal SAT test (writing, critical reading, math) out of 2400 points (200-800 points on each section).
How did someone get a combined 400? He must've gotten everything wrong. that's terrible.
I know a girl who got a 530 writing score, and she was in AP English, and she got an A. That's what we call grade inflation.
Math Level 2 wasnt bad. I really want an 800, but I left 2 blank, so I can only get 3 wrong and get a 800.
I hope I didn't make too many stupid mistakes.
There was just math and verbal at the time, for a maximum combined score of 1,600. I think you would get a combined 400 if you did nothing more than sign your name.
I still need to take the ACT (SAT counterpart) 2 Saturdays from now
hope you did well and wish me luck I'm going to need it
Hey! I just took the Math 2 Subject Test as well! Greetings from across the nation and good luck on the results.
Phil
The SAT's are standardized tests which are basically the same throughout the country.
I never studied for them but got a fairly decent score - therefore I'm unconvinced of their utility. That's probably why they are only one measure that admissions people consider when evaluating you college application package.
it's sad the amount of insanity surrounding that test - how the score will now be burned into your brain into eternity (yes I still remember mine....)
woohoo... awesome... one step closer to college... :)
@goleftatthefork: lol, I actually got my score mixed up for the longest time. I knew the combined score (out of 2400), but I got mixed up about the scores on each section. I even told my college counselors the wrong scores, and I only recently realized my mistake.
p.s. happy National Coming Out Day!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Coming_Out_Day
Horrible realization:
Every day they'll be contests, and every week will have its tiny
crucifixions. If you're good you might trade on your stigmata to make a decent living.
Post a Comment