Saturday, October 24, 2009

Finally got Windows 7

And I love it. You can now find me on msn.


I went to Best Buy and told them that there HAD to be a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium somewhere in the building. They set about looking for it, and 20 minutes later, I had a copy in my hand. Thank god my best friend was there with me, or else I would have been very bored.

Like I said, I try to be as polite as possible to the employees. I imagine that they have to deal with more shit than I do because they probably have to deal with poor management AND stressed customers.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the cruel and instantly totally infuriating retail world which makes almost as many people mad and furious as the motor industry who put too many cars on the roads.

I hope W7 is all you want it to be!

Beware goggle and the famous google cookies which can make many things not be what they actually are!

But good on yer, if yer've hit the top three!

Planetx_123 said...

I love it too! And Im glad that they've figured out how to market this and make everyone think its great (which it is). It's a nice coincidence that Snow Leopard has such problems too right now. I know a number of people who have had to uninstall snow leopard...and I laugh in their faces :-)

I hate best buy due to their customer service, and yet and I can't stop shopping there. None the less, its amazing they actually even looked for you! but thats great.

Steve

Anonymous said...

I too hate Best Buy and yet still go to the store

I want W7 but I don't have the money to buy it since my computer is falling apart too much and want to buy a whole new laptop

Anonymous said...

somehow I have it in my head that it's really against your nature to be impolite... idk why

midnight said...

It had one of the best and easiest of all the MS OS I've done. Loved the way it saved all the stuff you had on your old OS like bookmarks, docs, pics, vids etc. Saved a ton of hassles putting all back on again. I love the way they changed the task bar too. But I can see it getting too cluttered if you start pinning to much to it. Have fun exploring it.

Aek said...

Yay! I'm glad the Best Buy employees went out of their way to help you. And also that you're really enjoying Windows 7. I'm considering installing it on my laptop, though I'm not sure. I may just wait a year or two until I get a new laptop.

Jason Carwin said...

Midnight, I'm with you. I love the redesigned taskbar. i just hope I don't pin too much to it.

I didn't get to enjoy the painless upgrade because I had to go from a blank harddrive, so I still have to deal with all the redoing everything.

S. said...

http://movies.apple.com/media/us/mac/getamac/2009/apple-mvp-broken_promises-us-20091023_848x480.mov

LOL