On a side note, I still need to get a recovery disk for this computer. I don't have a harddrive. I could probably get one from Toshiba, but it will have Vista on it and it won't come for a while. I'm thinking I'll just go and buy Windows 7 today.
Does anyone have any experience with Windows 7? I'm wary of spending a ton of money to buy it and then hating it.
8 comments:
It's supposed to be pretty good... I read somewhere that they have a student upgrade special so it only costs around $25.
Windows 7 is what Vista should have been - it works well, and doesn't nag you quite as much. It also runs faster than Vista - however it does not have its own email client - if you use webmail this is not an issue.
It is just on the market today. Knowing MS, I'd wait a minimum of a month so all the huge scary blue screens of death problems are ironed out.
My roommate got a bootleg copy of Windows 7. It looks good and also looks like it works better than Vista.
http://www.win741.com/
That site has a student promotion thing, where you can get Windows 7 for I think $30 or something.
Don't get too excited about the $30 windows 7 that is for college students only (I looked) and they want the name of the college you are enrolled in
Based on what I heard windows 7 is what Vista never did
WORK
Go for it. My partner has had the pre-release for about 10 days and I installed mine today. And like everybody else says, it it what Vista should have been. Think of it as Vista Plus.
My laptop is currently running Windows 7 as is my terminal at work and i have had no problems at all! it is a fantastic bit of kit...get it if you can :)
I think if anyone is getting screwed over,then it is the Apple customers. Should any kind of accidental damage occur, then it is about $500 to fix it, plus another $600 just to send it to Apple to be fixed. I think that the Apple customers deserve a medal or something. We are the most patient on the planet.
Post a Comment