Friday, October 23, 2009

I HATE Best Buy

I went to get Windows 7 yesterday, and they were sold out of the full version. They have about 1,239,230,323 copies of the upgrade, but only 5 copies of the full version (home premium). Are you fucking kidding me? Who runs a business and only stocks 5 of a highly anticipated product on the day of it's release?

I have spent a lot of time at Best Buy over the past week, and there are serious flaws in how they run their business. I hope a serious competitor can get into the market and knock them out. I know Walmart is testing the waters of the electronics business, so maybe they will force Best Buy to change its ways.

What pisses me off the most is that their website says that Windows 7 Home Premium is in stock at the store. I just called and NOBODY answered the phone. I pressed "3" to get a sales representative, and it rang for 3 minutes before I hung up. What kind of business doesn't answer their phone?????!!!!!

I really want to go down there and chew someone's ear off, but I have to remember that I hate the institution, not the employees. They are probably just as confused and/or frustrated as I am.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that it's not just my Best Buy that acts like this.

Their competition is out of business, Circuit City (thought their was never one in Iowa anyway)

So looks like we are stuck with Best Buy for the long haul

Aek said...

Interesting . . . I've never really had a problem with Best Buy before. Hmmm.

Lightning Baltimore said...

BB can be a mess but Wal*Mart is just plain evil.

mrgagaa said...

Sorry about your frustrations with BBY, Jason. It's not something I'm proud of, but I actually used to work there. From both a customer and a former employee standpoint, I agree with you that there are some serious issues with how the place is run. I could write a whole paper on the frustrations I experienced as an employee there, but yeah, having things in stock and answering calls promptly were among the problems that ran rampant. In the employees' defense with regards to phone calls, however, there has been a major shift towards underscheduling. This means that fewer people are scheduled to work, so the existing employees in a certain department are expected to cover others, spreading them more thinly and making it less possible for them to answer calls when the priority is on customers actually on the floor. This is probably what you experienced when you called.

Anonymous said...

you can pretty much bet that on top of also being confused and frustrated, those poor employees over there at BB probably don't give a damn ... they get paid crap and have to deal with the unwashed masses ... try finding a locally owned specialty shop and you can walk in there with an expectation of customer service AND they will probably live up to it

midnight said...

You should try having the BB corporate office campus about a mile from where you live. 150 houses and businesses were bulldozed to make room for it. They were given a 25 year tax free incentive to build here so we saw our property taxes go up 10% to cover their handout. You avoid anywhere near it during 7-9am and 3-5pm since the traffic is terrible. They built a nice transit center there but nobody uses it. Our neighbor across the street was laid off after 10 years of working in the corporate office and to replace him with imported from India and Pakistan on the Visa Waiver program. And many jobs outsourced to the same countries. We just go in there now to window shop and then order from Amazon. The only thing we ever buy there is blank media if we have run out and need it at the time. Next time we drive by it we'll give it the one-finger salute for you

S. said...

Why don't you buy and download it from microsoft.com? As MS points out, you get it right away, it's better for the environment and you can download it again (for free, I suppose) if you'll need to.

Mike said...

That's frustrating! I loathe Best Buy and have problems constantly. I was upset when Circuit City closed because it meant that I'd have to go to Best Buy more. I try to find ways around it. Frys if possible. Target.