I just wanted to let you all know that I am working on a series of posts about Gay Stereotypes. I have been outlining and researching it. So far, it looks like it will be a 5 day series, which I will probably stretch over the whole week.
In school, they taught me to analyze an idea/text with the concepts of "say, mean, matter." Basically, the first question is what does this idea say. The second question is what does it mean, and the third question is does it matter. I will be roughly following this pattern over the course of the series, starting with "say" and ending with "matter."
I will be doing research in order to get different view points and so that I may best inform you. I really want this series to have lots of input from all my readers. I want to hear your about the stereotypes you have come across and your thoughts on it.
I will be starting the series on Sunday, and the first post will just be the most extensive list of gay stereotypes ever seen, from the common to the outright bizarre.
9 comments:
First, I just wanted to point out that your text is black against a black background for some reason, so I head to highlight the text in order to read it.
Anyway, I think the whole "say, mean, matter" is actually a really great way to analyze anything. I wish I had been taught that in high school, though my thinking process generally steers towards that direction anyhow.
I look forward to this series. :)
A black background as announcement of a series? What wil we have to expect? Propz Pilgrim...have a nice weekend. ...p.s.you can comment on me too! :-)
Hey there i came across you blog today and liked it so i took the time to read all of your past posts. I am impressed by your ability to express your self.I will continue to read your posts love and hugs
This should be something to see
Sorry about the black on black. Dunno what happened there. Anyways, it's fixed now.
Your inquiry will have no meaning unless you follow up with a discussion of what stereotypes are generally true and what public behavior of gays hurts the cause of universal acceptance.
The political genius of Martin King and Ghandi was their ability to play on the conscience of the majority, and they were able to do this by championing the societal values we hold most dear but often abandon in daily living. Boy, wouldn't it be great if some nationally respected secular saint came out and led our campaign?
Wait a minute--How about taking the word "secular" from my last post and make it an international figure! Your Holiness, its time to man up!
J, I will be discussing such things. What you are talking about is more along the lines of "matter." The questions being, "does it matter? and if so, why?"
wow - this sounds great! I can t wait
Post a Comment