I got 50 followers! Yay.
Yesterday was a small day at the beach. I caught some good waves and then things got weird. Waves would peak and then never break. Also, it was hard to predict where they would be breaking.
I caught several that I never managed to drop in on until the very end, and at that point it I would have to drop in on a 6 foot wall of water, so I often bailed at that point.
My dad later informed me that the reason for all the strangeness was the change in the swell. Halfway through the day the swell went form a South Swell to a Northwest Swell. This caused the lateral current to change and created A LOT of rip currents.
I was body surfing and I always found myself in a rip. This is not a serious concern for me because I am a strong swimmer and had fins, but the poor lifeguard kept having to make rescues of people caught in a rip current that didn't have fins. I usually just swam out of them, but it was annoying because the rip currents kept messing with the waves.
In yesterday's post, I mentioned that I'd rather go to Europe. I did not mean to imply that gays are more prominent in Europe. I am actually considering taking a 1-month Europe trip with my friend, and that is why I'd rather go to Europe than Brazil.
Also, after my dad proposed the Brazil idea, my brother said that there are a lot of women in Brazil, but he heard that lots of them were actually dudes, which is a problem. This is of course a funny statement, but not the best lead in for me to come out to my parents.
How would I segue from that? “Speaking of guys that dress up as women, guess what? I'm gay!” I don't think that would go over so well.
9 comments:
Aren't most cross-dressers heterosexual?
I hope the new fires aren't anywhere near your home.
Is this a prob for your Bro., or for you? Because if it´s no prob for him, he might have given you a hint that you missed. ...@J, in Brazil it´s not cross dressing, they are real transsexuals. Propz Pilgrim
Yeah, I don't know how well I'd do in a rip. Maybe I'm a strong enough swimmer, but then again I may need rescuing from a lifeguard. ;-)
“Speaking of guys that dress up as women, guess what? I'm gay!”
Jason, I love your humor. You have made my day.
Lol, yeah, if you were serious about the last part... I don't think that'd be the best way to come out to your parents; haha.
One time I got caught in a rip current when boogey-boarding or whatever. It was scary.
Next time, try it and could always say you were joking - using it to test the waters? :)
Oh, and I'd choose travelling around Europe over Brazil any day!
I don't ever want to do a "just kidding" coming out. That will just make things more awkward and confusing when I really come out. It's a bit like the boy who cried wolf.
Jason
I would probably goto europe also but that is because i really know little about Brazil
Rip currents can be deceiving and im glad you didnt have trouble with them
imsure you will find the right time to come out. take cae and be safe
bob
Post a Comment