Thursday, August 27, 2009

Where I am going


I have to go to the dentist this morning. He is a new dentist for me, but I like him a lot. First of all, his office is snazzy. My mom says he used to work in Hollywood, and he makes sure you look good.

The issue is that I chipped my tooth a while ago, and they had to do a bunch of stuff with the nerve and whatnot, and now the tooth has a black shadow inside of it. I guess we are re-cracking that tooth open and taking out the black stuff. This might be a root canal, but he wasn't sure last time I talked to him. I sent him the dental records from the initial incident, so he will have a better idea of what to expect.

Anyways, I'm going to be spending two hours lying on a dentist chair with drills and god only knows what else in my mouth. It's going to be miserable, because I recall it was miserable the first time this happened.

The only thing I know for sure is that I am getting a crown on both of my two front teeth. The second tooth doesn't need major dental work, as the chipping was not as severe on that one, but getting two crowns at once is better to make sure they match. Oh ya, I also know that my tooth won't be back anymore. I finally will be able to smile without being self conscious.

Also, I am going out of town right after my possible root canal. We are taking a sort of “staycation” to save money. We are just driving down to Laguna Beach and renting a hotel room and going to the beach and going out to eat at a nice restaurant or two.

I might not have internet down there. I know the hotel has internet, but I refuse to pay $10 for 24 hours of internet, which I fully expect them to do seeing as vallet parking the car will probably cost $25 per day. My mom got a great deal on the hotel room, but you still gotta pay all the other costs of a hotel.

So, this may be my last post until Saturday, which is when I get back.

Ciao!

12 comments:

Octavius said...

Yeah dentists suck! I have had to have a lot of work done, in the past and it never feels good.

Anyways, have fun at the beach mate.

Courage and Honour!

Octavius.

naturgesetz said...

I had a couple of root canals way back. They weren't a lot of fun, but they weren't as bad as I had feared. I thought it would be tons of pain, but there were only a few really sharp twinges. Most of the time it was just the discomfort of lying there with my mouth held wide open.

Enjoy the time at Laguna Beach!

Pilgrim said...

Dunno, is it Florida? As for college/university overseas I purpose Paris Sorbonne, but you might have a prob w/your courses in physics and economics, it´s miles away from each other. But I already wondered wtf. of a studies result that will become. Pharma-salesman? Propz Pilgrim

loki4469 said...

A vacation seems like an ideal time to have the "I am gay" talk with your parents. You should have their undivided attention. You had put in a previous blog about writing a letter to read from, when you talked to your parents, if you are going to write a letter you might as well just let them read it and then answer their questions and concerns. Just my opinion.

J said...

I have a stylistic question for you. Why do you and a lot of other bloggers use "anyways" for "anyway"?

Anonymous said...

omg your going to laguna beach!!! take lots of pics! I really wanna go there! Have a great time on your "staycation" as you called it and good luck with the dentist, im sure you'll look great!

au-revoir!
j xxxx

Bi Like Me said...

liked your blog. Interesting stories, nice pictures..

I'm new to blogging, so check mine out. Maybe you can mention it or add it to yours.

http://bilikeme2.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Jason Carwin said...

J, in my blog, I write just as I speak. I literally put the words down on the page as they come to my mind, with little self-editing.

I use my blog for strictly informal writing, and I like the release it gives me from the formal essay writing of school.

Also, the dentist decided I didn't need a root canal. yay. I just got temporary crowns on both front teeth. Now I am going back in 3 weeks for permanent crowns.

The procedure went really well, and I barely felt a thing. I like this dentist a lot.

Aek said...

Eeks! Dentist!! I've never really had any major dental work done (thank god) and I hope to keep it that way.

Have fun on your staycation. Take pics!! :D

Anonymous said...

Modern dentistry is quite impressive. They can now even make a permanent crown in the office while you wait. But it is not cheap i hear.

Anonymous said...

J said: "...why do you use anyways
..."

Because language is a living thing. It is used for many more things than to communicate. Groups of people with much in common (like gay teen bloggers) adopt unique word and phrase usage as a way to bond and identify as a group.

There really are no hard and fast rules for spoken language in an informal setting. Same for blogs. But at your sister's wedding don't yell out, "WTF" if the officiant makes a mistake or says something way stupid.

K?

Jason Carwin said...

Anonymous

My mom had one of those crowns. They took measurements of her teeth and grew the crown in the back room. However, i asked the dentist about this and he said they only use those crowns for molars because they arent as pretty as the kind that the lab makes. I think they wont match as well in terms of color because the color matching is an art.