Last night, I went to a going away party for a friend. It was really weird because my guy friends were all out of town for various reasons, so I was the only guy in the room. The girls wanted to watch Miss Congeniality, which did not interest me much, so another friend and I sat in the back of the room and tried to come up with names for her parents' cars.
Her grandma drives a Mercedes, so we named it Kaiser Wilhelm. Of course, this must be pronounced the proper, German way in order to get the best effect.
Her dad also owns an ancient Alfa Romeo, so we named that one Marco Polo.
Look, another WWI reference, and I didn't even mean for it to happen.
5 comments:
there are Alfa-Romeo's in America?
:O
i've never seen any here..
There was a time not too terribly long ago when Alphas were popular among people in the LA film industry scene.
Alfa left America in I don't know what year but they will return to America in 2010. I forget the details, but I think they played a role in saving Chrysler, and in exchange, Alfa gets to use Chrysler's dealer network to sell Alfas.
Needless to say, my friend's Alfa is ANCIENT. I've never been in it. Seems a bit risky, don't you think? I'm afraid we'll be driving along and the engine will fall out or something like that.
Alfa Romeo belongs to Fiat and Fiat, as I know, is not involved in saving Chrysler....I have a Citroen C3 named Odette. :-) Propz Pilgrim
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/10/fiat-chrysler-deal-finali_n_213674.html
http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/autos/0904/gallery.chrysler_fiat_product/index.html
This sites don't say the exact terms, but as I recall, the deal was that Fiat got a significant piece of equity in Chrysler and got to use Chrysler's dealer network to sell some Fiats and Alfas.
In exchange, Chrysler received small-car and fuel-efficiency technology.
Basically, this was the best deal Fiat ever made. The got all these benefits at no cost.
Post a Comment