Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ski Weekend!


I'm skiing up at Mammoth Mountain right now. A lot of kids from my school go up here for the Semester Break. Usually, everyone parties, but my friends and I aren't into that, so we have to find other distractions. I can have fun during the day while the mountain is open, but the evenings aren't so hot.

On the bright side, my friend is renting this awesome house (It was in MTV Cribs), and it has a movie theater, so I imagine we'll be spending a fair amount of time there. The only problem is that she's sharing it with 2 other families, so it might be hard to claim the movie theater before everyone else.

I don't have much internet connection up here, so I might not be able to post every day. I get back on Tuesday afternoon.

8 comments:

Aek said...

Lucky you, have fun!

*Is envious*

B said...

Sounds like fun! :P I hate skiing, cause I don't like cold weather :)

cvn70 said...

Jason

Hey have a great time you deserve a nice vacation after all you have accomplished this year

take care and be safe

bob

Steven Lester said...

As you enjoy the rich civilization up in MM I want you to know that I can remember as plain as day when there was nothing up there except for a lodge that was also a cafe, gas station, and a post office. We have family films that show a virgin valley taken from Twin Lakes, after we hiked down to there from Lake Mamie, where there were cabins and a lodge with a cafe and electricity that was turned off at 9 PM. This was before the ski lodge opened up and LA discovered the unspoiled grandeur of the Mammoth Lakes Area. Suddenly, condos and Safeway Markets and MacDonalds and B of A's popped up everywhere and then the place was ruined. In my day the freeway did not exist. You had to drive up a steep and torturous two-lane highway (and back down it too) to get to the lovely valley. By the way, as you ski all over Mammoth Mountain please know that you are on a volcano located on the rim of one the biggest calderas known. It last blew 77,000 years ago. The caldera is still very active.

On your way back home, you might stop at the Konegh Hot Springs located about 7 miles south of Bishop. It's cheap, clean, locally-owned, and where the locals all go. The hot pool is absolutely divine!

Steevo said...

how about
carwinscorner?

John Doe said...

hope you had fun. =p cant wait to hear all about it

Jason Carwin said...

@StevenLester: Ya, I've been to those hot springs. They are awesome. It's a bumpy road to them though, at least, it was when I went.

Thank God the drive is easier now. I drove up with my friend. Fortunately, my parents didn't make a big deal about it. It really wasn't a difficult drive at all. Also, I successfully avoided getting a ticket!

Bubby said...

Well done on your journey, you seem to have a good handle on what you want.
I am trying to figure this all out, a bit later into my life, and to be honest it is all very confusing for me.

Wishing you the best of luck

www.gayoncemeanthappy.blogspot.com