Last night, Brad (only other openly gay guy at my school) and I had a long conversation about random gay-related stuff. As I have said earlier, we aren't interested in each other, but we don't have anyone else to talk to about these things, so we naturally gravitate towards each other.
My entire group of friends was hanging out, and he and I were sorta having our own conversation. Some of our friends got mad at us for “being secretive,” but in reality, we just didn't want them to be scandalized by the conversation. They were welcome to listen in, but it would have been absurd.
The conversation topics included:
- anal sex
- penises (shape, length, width, etc)
- porn (everything and anything)
- coming out
- denial stage
- identity
- gay community
- and much much more
It was pretty much the kind of inappropriate conversation that I sometimes engage in on msn, but this was just between us, and all of our friends were around. Oh well, I learned a lot last night, so that was good. Frankly, they don't teach this sort of stuff in school, so I need someone to learn stuff from and share information with.
8 comments:
Lol, I'm amused the "penises" is sufficient for its own category. :-P
And yes, there's MUCH not taught in school. But I hope you're not surprised by that. It's always good to have someone to talk to. :-)
Yeah they don't I learned all that through my friends
well in MY sex ed class we cover all those quite well. Not in graphic detail, but information accurately presented.
and those topics r NOT inappropriate considering your audience...
so there!
p.s. I am always here for questions btw. Nothing embarrasses me really. esp. here where you can ask anonymously which i also do in class with a question box.
steevo
.
.
.
Maybe next time you should invite your friends to join the conversation. Perhaps they can learn something. :)
Lol!
Knowing myself I would of included them only to find that every second sentence i utter will devastate them ahah!
I think it was quite polite of u to tone it down with just the friend. At least that part of ur conversation.
This seems like a non-issue for any of US to judge. You were with a group of friends who have known each other well for many years, right?
In that context the only people to judge if u and brad should have a sorta private side conversation is YOU.
You kno the group's social norms. If u r really good friends _perhaps_ what u did may bother _some_ people a bit, but they will soon get over it and just allow u to be u! I can see them rolling their eyes and saying, "Oh well, Jason is jason... we luv him anyway!"
...good friends allow a wide berth.
...and their "complaining" may have just been teasing u as a way to reassure u that gay jason is fine w/ them!
steevo
.
.
.
and what insights can you now offer the rest of us?
From my (bisexual) perspective:
- anal sex: Yuk! Not my thing. I don't do it with girls or boys unless it is requested. And I don't let it happen to me.
- penises (shape, length, width, etc): Dick dimensions are not a issue for me. I'm more into overall physical/body proportions.
- porn (everything and anything): Addictive. I particularly like amateur jerkoff vids.
- coming out: Never had to - I get hit on by both sexes, and respond appropriately.
- denial stage: Deny what?
- identity: Not jocky, not gay. More vanilla. Conversation is how to express yourself.
- gay community: Not particularly fond of the Old Guard mainstream. I do find some entertainment value from Pride parades and drag shows. In your face demonstrations? Nope, counterproductive.
- and much much more: That's really it, isn't it? Being gay, straight, bi, whatever - it's just one facet of your life. What you do for others defines you as a person, not your sexuality.
Post a Comment