I decided to remove my picture from my blog in the interest of protecting my identity. I am considering putting up a picture of me that makes it hard to identify who I am (perhaps a picture from behind or something). I am getting a lot of visits now, and I want to ensure that my identity is safe.
19 comments:
Jason if you really want to protect your identity you might want to consider taking down some of the pictures of yourself that you've posted as well.
I use this shot of me so there is some identity that people can relate to. Perhaps that will work for you?
@Ralph: I am banking that none of my classmates will find this blog and then decide to go through all of my pictures.
@BB: I am thinking of doing that. I just need to decide what picture to take.
I understand your dilemma there, I also keep my ...well I can't say straight and gay because I recently came out to friends much like you, but my "internet" persona and my "friend" persona are separate.
Lotta fun being out in high school it is.
Glad to hear you are staying safe! Lots of love,
Ryan
All that matter is your safety. Jason, no one can fault you there.... Keep and Be Safe ... Lee
Man if someone tries something funny we will all gang up against them so no worries lol
I wouldn't recommend a butt shot, Jason. What if kids from gym class recognize it?
do remove all your pictures from the posts if you suspect anyone from your class or someone you know is visiting your blog.
you can do what so many of us do here and simply post a picture of yourself taken in an abnormal way or a body shot of some kind that would hard to recognize. In one of mine, I had a picture of my belt with some of the shirt above and some of the pants below.
You can also include pictures with just your chin in it or maybe just bare feet, shoes, a shirt pocket.... be creative.
you can do what so many of us do here and simply post a picture of yourself taken in an abnormal way or a body shot of some kind that would hard to recognize. In one of mine, I had a picture of my belt with some of the shirt above and some of the pants below.
You can also include pictures with just your chin in it or maybe just bare feet, shoes, a shirt pocket.... be creative.
This move is long overdue, although we will miss your smiling face.
I didnt know what picture to put up for a while just for that reason. I ended up with the one I have now.
Sexy chicks work best.
Love,
Boyd
I put up the face of the mummy of Ramses II, one of the greatest pharaohs of ancient Egypt. It is a testimony of reputation and mortality. Perhaps a old history type of guy might work for your intelligent persona.
Jason, as much as I like seeing you, I think it is best to remove all photos of you and your friends. Unless you are a journalist or public figure, I think that all bloggers should use pseudonyms and refrain from using pictures of themselves. Better to be safe than sorry, as they say.
You are psychic! Propz Pilgrim
That's a good ides, esp given all the wierd people on the net...
Post a Comment