I think I might have a stomach virus. I say this because, while my symptoms are certainly less severe, I still suffer from nausea, stomach cramps, and the like. Hmm. Maybe I'm pregnant.
In any case, does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this. I have lost my appetite because of it, and that's not very healthy.
9 comments:
Fluids, my friend. Like Gatorade or Propel. Particularly if things have been exiting from both ends. Gotta keep those electrolytes in balance. Hot soup with bread, like tomato, or my personal favorite, sweet potato will help to get your appetite back.
Just turned 18 and you´re pregnant?? the story of my Mom´s life, lol.
Hope you feel better soon, but sorry, I live in mexico city which means not even if I eat dirt will I get a stomach disease, mom got salmonella a few years back, but your symptoms luckily don´t match so try to take a lot of fluids to avoid dehydration and try to rest -also asking for professional help wouldn´t harm- Take care and feel better soon.
Love
Me
eat and drink more frequently but in smaller sizes...
food like toast, mashed potatoes, even plain pasta help so long as you eat a little at a time.
Gatorade and ginger ale, hot tea too.
Like RT said, toast is good. And fluids.
For a bad tummy I have for years used "Po Chai pills". You can get them at your nearest Asian store. They're actually some kind of little seeds that come in little plastic vials. Swallow two of those with warm water. IT WORKS!!
I learned about those when I lived in Singapore and still keep a box at home here in NY.
Cheers.....
I tweeted a cure... hope u feel better amigo...
Anon MD:
Fluids, as the first poster said. Don't worry about solid food at all. If you have no hunger, don't eat. Just drink. Ginger ale's pretty good too.
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll look into getting some ginger ale and tea tomorrow. Any types of tea in particular?
I'd recommend herbal tea, chamomile, something with mint...
hmm.. u wanna go careful with tea esp black / green tea due to the high acidity and your lack of solid food. herbal tea is a good idea.
i would eat at least some solid food to be honest.
there's much u can do other than to treat the symptoms, which kinda sucks. if its viral, it'll be a while before they go off, but if its bacterial, there's a high chance it'll go away in a day or two. you can also take antibiotics for bacterial but with doc's prescription of course.
keep hydrated - but drink things like juice and ale. they're better than water as there are electrolytes that you need a lot of. bananas are good too - contains lots of potassium.
Post a Comment