Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oh, Exams

I have lots of studying to do, and I haven't really started much. I've got 6 classes and 5 exams plus 1 project spread out over 3 days. Right now, the plan is to study for each exam the night before. Kids, this is what happens when you procrastinate. Don't do it. Just say no!


Fortunately, there are some classes where I can sacrifice. For example, I only need to get a 30% on the exam in Math to keep a 90% average in the class.


On a side note about nutrition. I find that when I'm under stress, I don't eat. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm still getting 3 meals, but I find I have to force-feed myself the last one.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

While I eat under stress, I tend to skip meals in favor of eating exorbitant amounts of pretzels, which I think may count as not eating...

Also, fix that procrastination habit soon, because most college finals count for enough of your grade that you cannot get a 30 and maintain an A. I have had finals that counted for 60% of my grade... I had the same problem in high school, and although I have only made one B in my college career, learning not to procrastinate was a tough lesson to learn.

Mike said...

I don't eat when I'm super stressed. I lost 15 pounds in summer 2008 because I spent so much of the summer not eating. I'm a skinny guy, only 150lbs to begin with and about 6' tall. Not a good idea.

Aek said...

Hmm, I tend to either eat very little or eat very poorly when I do eat. Either way, it's a lose-lose for me.

Got to get on that procrastination bit. It'll totally bite your ass in university and beyond. It's difficult to deal with though. :-/

Anywho, good luck on all your exams!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could stress out and miss meals - but I'm hungry all the time. Food is my savior. Luckily I moderate my behavior if I notice that I am gaining too much weight, however football season is rough - beer and nachos and wings and.....

Anonymous said...

whatever, I procrastinate all the time and I'm doing great.

cvn70 said...

Jason

SOmetimes when im preparing for a big hearing or a deposition, i tend to eat comfort food like pizza o chinese - taste good but not great for you so maybe your problem is better :)

I really wish you good luck on your tests and exams. Take care and be safe

bob

Steven Lester said...

Knowing your blog "you", I would venture to say that your "procrastination" is equal to anybody else's "working unto death itself". I have no fear about your complete success, sir. You'll do just fine.

B said...

I'm also in the middle of exams, but I'm almost finished :D What more can I say than: "Good luck":P

Random Thinker said...

good luck with your exams. don't worry about blogland...

and keep forcing yourself to eat. you need the energy to deal with all the stress.

Tyler said...

i think i eat more when im stressed