Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Disneyland + Gays

I saw the cutest gay couple on Monday. I was entering Disneyland at around 5:00 PM (I had gone to California Adventure, the twin park, for lunch and the afternoon, and this was my second entry to the park), when I noticed that the tall, 19 year old-ish guy behind me also had an annual pass. I snuck a look at him and his picture when it popped up on the screen, and he was very hot.

Seeing the annual pass set off one gaydar bell in my head because, let's face it, most 18-19 year olds that have annual passes to Disneyland are gay.

After entering the park, he walked over and met another guy of similar age whom he placed his arm around. At first it seemed a little bromancy, and appeared to be just a straight guy embrace, but then the other guy reciprocated, and they walked off together with their body language confirming their relationship status.

I thought this was just about the cutest thing I had ever seen because (1) the guy was super hot and (2) they were about my age.


In other news, Brad, the other gay guy at my school, decided he really wanted the Happy Anniversary pin because he already had the Celebrating and Happy Birthday pins. In order to get the Anniversary pin, we had to pretend to be dating and then request a pin. We told the people at the counter that it was our 6-month anniversary, and the woman went to get us the pin. She did not seem particularly interested at all, but the other lady behind the counter couldn't stop smiling. She was adorable.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm lost on why young males with a seasonal pass sets of the gaydar? I have never been, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something?

Steven Lester said...

Before I ask this question, please know that I have done this very type of thing myself, so I remain guilty of it, and that I realize we are only talking about a Disneyland pin, issued by a park that is based almost entirely on fantasy, but did you feel any guilt when you and your "boy friend" lied to get that pin?

I know that everybody does it and that it is little lie, but is deception a good thing, or a middling thing, or a wrong thing?

You will notice that there is no true judgement in this questioning. Rather, I am only asking where you stand on the subject.

Boyd and Lloyd said...

Oh just wait till you have a boyfriend yourself. :)

Love,
Boyd

Dzyan said...

First things that come to mind are the next two questions, Did you get the pin? and can I see it?

Lovely story indeed, made lovelier by the guest appearance of a really hot guy, and of course the cute couple didn´t hurt the story at all ;)

Love
Me

Anonymous said...

Hey u will never know... Brad could just be the guy for you, not now, but may be in the far future... :)

Steevo said...

@ Lester: so a jew who lied and told the nazi soldier he was not a jew did a no-no?

Aek said...

I wish I were super hot. o_O

Glad you had fun at Disneyland, it's been YEARS (like, over a decade) since I last went.

B said...

One question, cause I don't get it, why going to Disneyland is gay, I mean you said "18-19 year olds that have annual passes to Disneyland are gay"? I'm confused

Jason Carwin said...

They're called stereotypes, people.

Most guys my age that go to Disneyland go with their girlfriend. You will almost never see a group of 18-19 year old guys roaming Disneyland.

Of course, holidays are different. I should point out that this was a Monday, and the only people there were locals.

naturgesetz said...

@Steevo — I think there is a distinction to be made between a situation of life and death where one has been asked a question for an illegitimate purpose by someone who has no moral right to know, and a trivial situation where one volunteers something to someone who has a right to know and threatens no harm.

Jason Carwin said...

@Natur: You wrote, "someone who has a right to know." Does anyone have any right to know anything about my life? One could argue that I control the information that comes from me. In that respect, I deem those who have "a right to know" and those who do not.

naturgesetz said...

Yeah, but when you go the the State and ask for a driver's license and they ask how old you are, they have a right to know the fact.

I think, trivial as it is in the great scheme of things, when you go to the people at Disneyland and ask for an Anniversary pin, which they offer if certain criteria are met, then you have given them the right to know the truth about whether or not you qualify. If you choose not to give them the right to know that about you — which you have a right to — you don't go and ask them for the pin.

xXxJoshuaxXx said...

Jason I kinda get what u are saying. Come on guys? I mean even though we try to fight against stereotypes, one must remember they are prolly a stereotype for a good reason. And I'm not saying this is always true, cause we all no it is not, but sometimes it is - like this time most likly.

John Doe said...

that is really cute. I get the whole stereotypes thing. Plus i know I do they same thing. Try to find guys that are gay based on what they do. It's life.

Steevo said...

@ngetz. The disneyland business model caters to gay guys. but they cant publicly encourage underage gay guys in any way. So they say 18 and do not really care and in fact likely r happy to cater to gay students of any age. Thats non-discrimination. I dont agree to lie about age for DriverL. If DLand seriously wants to really know if a queer kid is 18 they can ask for an ID. Its a social convention designed to let gay kids under 18 get a pin. I see absolutely no moral or ethical considerations!!! If they dont say 18+ then some rwing nutsoid can sue them for something to do with pandering to gay kids not 18.

"wink-wink" is part and parcel of the nations social fabric ffs!

s

Anonymous said...

I have an annual pass to visit the mouse in Anaheim - but I am certainly not anywhere close to 18 anymore. Matter of fact, went to Disneyland the first month it opened!

Ewwwwwwwwww! Old goat! Your blog is added to in2teens.org. Let me know if you want it removed.

Random Thinker said...

OMG... who the fcuk cares about whether you got the pin because of a statement you made.

Disney is built on fantasy - some people call them lies. They get billions of dollars cause they make kids believe a mouse is a good thing. And the encourage people to keep believing.

If Disney can take money for fantasies, Brad can surely get a $0.03 pin for one of his fantasies!

Keep having fun Jason!

naturgesetz said...

@ Sttevo & Random Thinker — Never having been to any of the Disney universes, I have no idea what the pins actually mean; but I thought maybe there was some value to the pins, like discounts on rides or food, or maybe some sort of priority on getting into things, and that Disney gave those benefits as a way of inducing people to make the place their destination for birthdays, anniversaries, and other celebratable events.

Obviously if there is no benefit with monetary value, then it is not fraud to get and use the pin, as it would be if there were a monetary value. And if there is no priority treatment obtained, then it is not the equivalent of cutting in line. And if Disney is happy to give them to people who theoretically don't qualify, then who am I to complain?

So thanks for clearing that up.

Jason Carwin said...

Dzyan, I got the pin, but I can't find it. I dunno where i put it.

Aaron said...

that is very, very cute! :D actually, both the stories are cute! lucky u!

Anonymous said...

哪个视频聊天室最开放 , 293视频聊天室 , 真人美女视频 , 美女真人视频网 , 美女视频直播 , 美女视频六房间 , 美女热舞视频 , 韩国美女视频 , 美女脱身高清 , 美女视频高清播放