Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year, everybody!

I haven't decided on a resolution yet, but some that I am considering are as follows:

1) Keep my room clean.
2) Exercise more. Particularly to build up muscle mass. Also, I need to work on cardio more.
3) Stay in better contact with long-distance friends.

Does anyone else out there have a resolution? If so, what?

9 comments:

Dzyan said...

I don´t have resolutions, because by February I´ve forgotten all about them, what I do is go out everyday and give my all day-after-day, not good with long-term plans, but mid-term work just as good as long as I keep renewing them, besides, life has taught me to never rely on anything, don´t even know of what I´ll have yesterday.

Love
Me

Aek said...

You should add a 4th resolution: to enjoy undergrad and don't stress out.

Steevo said...

aek has it!

yeah on exercise...

my resolution is to read blogs and comment, offer support and a friendly ear, chat and share another prospective...

steevo
.
.
.

naturgesetz said...

Forget the first two resolutions. As someone once said, "Cleanliness is next to impossible;" and as long as you can get through your regular activities, you're strong enough — why distort your body with tissue you don't need.

Keeping in touch with long-distance friends is good.

Actually keeping your room clean is good too. But I'm serious about the exercise. It's a waste of time and effort. Athletes get hurt and die young. People who work out a lot get abnormally enlarged hearts.

naturgesetz said...

Oh! Almost forgot. I don't make new year's resolutions, but I do want to read more books this year and ongoingly.

Justin said...

I never choose only one resolution, so here is my list for this year/semester. Usually I'm very good about sticking with my resolutions, but next semester worries me...

1. Don't die due to 18 hour course load and internship.
2. Don't let #1 lower my GPA...
3. Get to the gym/pool more than once a week to preserve my sanity. (Exercise = major stress reliever)
4. Manage my time well enough to get 7 hours of sleep a night with the help of Outlook Calendar and its annoying alerts!
5. Enjoy my summer in France by only taking 11 hours of classes including no insane math classes!
6. Get a boyfriend? (Maybe not since I don't think I have time for a relationship, but it has to get on the list at some point...)
7. Spend more Friday afternoons tutoring at the local Boys and Girls Club. This is always a highlight of my week, but last semester marching band practice was in the way.

John Doe said...

Nice resolutions =p I wrote up some of mine on my blog already. Hope you had a great new years!

-John!

Steven Lester said...

1) Don't die this year from old age.

2) See the Meteor Crater in Arizona and visit Rochelle, IL to see trains go by. Also see my sister in CA and my dear friend in Utah.

3) Find out if Mormonism is true. Since this will require the visitation of at least one angel (I am serious here. I am not making fun of the religion I belong to already.) I'm not hoping for very much here.

4) Get more sleep every night this year.

5) To stay even-tempered with all of my passengers this year, ignoring the fact that I've not been able to succeed at this for 17 years running.

6) Or, if I do croak, to head up and not down.

Random Thinker said...

I made a resolution for 2009 to not make any more resolutions. So, I can't help ya out here.