The accept/reject emails came from George Washington University today. My best friend and twin brother both applied to GW in the Early Decision. My best friend asked me to be her moral support when she opened the email.
To be honest, it was one of the most nerve wracking moments of my life. Of course, it goes below coming out to my parents, but still. It was terrifying, and it wasn't even a letter for me. I so badly wanted her to get in because she deserves it and she really loves Washington D.C.
I was also concerned because I suspected that GW would accept one student from my school. That meant either my best friend or my twin gets in...That's too much to bear.
My best friend and I went to the college counseling office where she asked our college counselor to open the email because she was too scared to. After an agonizingly long minute, the page loaded, and he turned around and said, “Well, you better buy a winter coat because you're going to Washington D.C.!”
At this point, my friend jumped up and down like she had won the lottery and then proceeded to cry. I almost started crying too because it was such an emotional moment.
After this, I drove home and asked my brother if he had gotten in. I was very nervous because I did not want to see him let down. His response was that he had gotten in. He said it with complete indifference. I thought I had misheard him. I guess the reason was that he was sick, and it's hard to jump and cry when you're having trouble breathing.
In the end, my twin brother and my best friend are going to the same university, and it's in Washington D.C. I guess I have a good excuse to visit now.
6 comments:
Congrats to them both! And hats off to you for being such a good friend and a great brother! Merry Christmas tidings as well!
Lots of love,
Ryan
Congrats to them two! But what if don´t make it? Propz Pilgrim
Congrats to them. :-)
I have several friends in DC right now. One of them is interning at the National Archive and the other is there for his PhD in poli-sci. I need to make an effort to visit them some time.
Congratulations!
That's good. As for you, with 800 as your math score I suspect you have bigger academic fish to fry.
Congrats to our friend and brother. GW is an awesome school, I got a masters' from there. And it sooooo close to the monuments and the White House.
Post a Comment