I will write a post in response to the comments on my post titled “Hope-O-Meter Plummets,” but I don't feel like doing that now.
To be honest, I am very pleased with how things turned out, and I just don't feel like engaging in a public debate. Tomorrow, maybe, but today, no.
I have been researching life for homosexuals at Yale, and everything I've read has been very encouraging. I teared up while reading one because it made life sound so perfect. Of course, there are certain biases in all writing, but I am very excited about what the future may hold for me. At the same time, I think I wept for all the people who won't have the opportunity to experience the special place that Yale sounds like. It's just not fair.
P.S. This was a vague post. More details later.
4 comments:
Gay life at Yale is great, according to the several friends I have there(not that they are all gay, but the environment is friendly). Not a single one of them regrets their decision to attend in the least. They do occasionally complain about New Haven being rather dull, but I think the consensus is that the people at Yale more than make up for that!
I am very happy for you Jason. Yale is wonderful. I know it quite well and have many friends who were there, gay and str8. Now it is very gay-friendly because it has always been progressive and enlightened. Close enough to NYC that you can go for the day, it has fantastic restaurants and one of the best University Art Galleries anywhere, and the beautiful Louis Kahn designed British Art Center which is fantastic! Aside from the winter weather which sux you will love it love it love it.
You have start shopping for a new WAAADROOOOBEEEE !!! :)...
will post suggestions later on for ya...
I wanna go to Yale too :( but it's too expensive and I can't cause I'm a foreigner and I don't know how are their policy about people abroad :(
What major will you take?
Post a Comment