Sunday, December 13, 2009

Holiday Songs

I recently realized that I have NO holiday songs on my ipod, so today, I set out to remedy that. I started by downloading the free iTunes holiday collection. I then added some additional songs. Here are my favorite that I've got so far, and I would like some more suggestions:


1) Last Christmas by Cascada
2) All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey
3) O Holy Night by Mariah Carey
4) Hark! The Herald Angels Sing by Mariah Carey
5) What Child Is This (w/ Mary J. Blige) by Andrea Bocelli
6) Mary, Did You Know? By Kenny Rogers and Wyonna Judd
7) The Nutcracker: Dance of the Reed Pipes
8) Silent Night by Sarah McLachlan
9) The First Noel by David Archuleta
10) O Come All Ye Faithful by Amy Grant


So, does anyone have others to add?

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its interesting to see Mariah Carey creditted with Hark the Hearald Angels Sing.

Anonymous said...

Relient K's album "Let It Snow Baby...Let It Reindeer" All the songs are fun.

NG said...

If you can find an mp3 version of it....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk4woNRD7NQ

Mike said...

www.amazon.com/25daysoffree

Joey said...

I am partial to Straight No Chaser's two holiday CDs.

The songs I like the most off those are:

1. The 12 Days of Christmas
2. The Christmas Can-Can
3. Indiana Christmas
4. We Three Kings
5. Who Spiked the Eggnog
6. This Christmas
7. Auld Lang Syne


BTW...I love Kenny Rogers and Wynonna's version of Mary Did You Know. It is one of my favorite holiday songs.

Anonymous said...

"Last Christmas" Jimmy Eat World

Jason Carwin said...

Disclaimer: Obviously the artists credited with the songs did not write them (at least, that's usually the case). I am merely crediting the singer/version.

DeviantSon said...

This is an oldie but I love it "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" performed by Bruce Springsteen, please check it out before you dismiss it :}.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yErhglOXIxM

Anonymous said...

I'll go with "Last Christmas" - but I like the George Michael version better.

J said...

Handel's "For, unto us a child is born" from the Messiah, and any decently sung version of "Silver Bells"

Anonymous said...

the Wham! version of Last Christmas is way better ... otherwise go with the standards by Bing Crosby or Frank Sinatra and you'll be in the mood in microseconds .... I also like Christmas in Hollis by Run DMC which is one of the best Xmas songs ever made.... "It's Christmas time in Hollis Queens, mom's cookin' chicken and collard greens....."

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Relient K's Christmas album is good.

"Sleigh Bells" by Relient K

Anonymous said...

I'd say the Wham! version of "Last Christmas" is way gayer, not better :) The Maine also does a nice cover of the song.

Aek said...

I've always liked "Feliz Navidad" myself. I can't remember who wrote that one . . .

Many Christmas songs are just too over-played for me, and after a while I just can't stand them.

R. Burnett Baker said...

"The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole......

Anonymous said...

Elvis -Christmas duets is the only Christmas album I listen to. His voice fits the Christmas song very well.

Anonymous said...

Mariah Joy to the World Celebration Mix,

Yes that's right bitches a 10 minute dance remix of joy to the World!!!

Anapo14 said...

I think you would like Ashley Tisdale's version of last christmas. Christina Aguilera also has a good christmas album from 2000. You should check out her song Christmas Time.

Anonymous said...

Jason PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IF U WANT TO TRULY DO URSELF A FAVOUR get christina agualera's version of "have urself a merry little xmas" it is the most amazing vocal. its pure and amazing.

Lightning Baltimore said...

I'm gonna pimp myself here, if you don't mind. I made a 26 song Christmas mix last year. I posted the whole thing on my blog and it's still there for downloading, if you like. It runs the gamut from folk to pop to gospel to easy listening to punk to rock to just plain strange.

Merry Christmas from Our House to Your House

Anonymous said...

"Feliz Navidad" is José Feliciano

Chuck said...

James Taylor at Christmas is an amazing album:
http://www.amazon.com/James-Taylor-at-Christmas/dp/B000I0QK74/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1260786879&sr=8-1&tag=fire-fox-20

Anything sung by Ella Fitzgerald is good.

Also, this is free:
http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Tree/dp/B001UQSE7O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1260787038&sr=8-1-catcorr&tag=fire-fox-20

Steven Lester said...

Bach wrote some stuff. So did Handel. Stuff as much fun and passionate to sing (with a decent conductor) as to hear. Their stuff doesn't rock quite as much as what those other more recent artists have done, but for touching the heart in a lasting way, the oldies are by far the best.

Did ya know that Christ really wasn't born during the wintertime? The Bible says so and I can prove it.