
So, this morning I went to the grocery store to find a few items. I wanted Tomme de Savoie, Nutella, and bread. I went to three stores, and was only able to find the bread. But I did manage to find some very cheap sour gummy worms, which I absolutely love.
Today I discovered why I could never be a house wife – aside from being a man, that is. When shopping, and this is especially true on weekdays, you encounter all these people that you know, but don’t really want to talk to.
Today, I saw 3 such people. The first was a fellow student, and we had this awkward chat in the checkout line. The second was the mom of a classmate. This classmate plays water polo, and she was surprised to see that I was not at practice. So I had to go through a judgmental grilling on why I’m not at practice. I reply, “oh, I just don't like the sport anymore,” and she insists that “I really should try it again.” The whole time I have to act all polite and happy, and in reality, I don’t want to be there talking to her.
The funny thing is that I knew she was just as uncomfortable as I was. The final person I saw was one of my teachers. This would have been the second time I saw her, and this time I was ready. Upon spotting her, I literally dove into a side aisle and became very engrossed in the many varieties of cereal.
I was like, “Wow, Crispix, rice on one side and corn on the other. Imagine that!” Fortunately, she passed without spotting me, and so I narrowly avoided another awkward conversation. So ya, that’s why I could never be a homemaker. I hate running into people, and I fail at finding items in a store.
1 comment:
Shame that you couldn't find Nutella. That stuff is awesome.
I once ran into a professor and his wife (also a professor) at a grocery store once. They didn't recognize me so it's all good.
Post a Comment