Saturday, July 18, 2009

Harry Potter Hilariousness

I am seeing Harry Potter today!!!

I wanted to tell you guys a funny story about Harry Potter. Harry Potter readers will understand this, non-readers will not. You can stop reading this post if you don't read the books because it will be a complete waste of your time.

The other day, I was talking to my friend Sally, the girl who I came out to about 1 month ago. A few days prior, we had been talking about phrases such as “that's so gay,” or when people use the word “fag” or “faggot” to mean stupid.

So, during this conversation, she told me a funny story about her mom. Sally was listening to a comedian on the radio, and the comedian used the word “faggot” in one of his jokes. Sally's mom turned to Sally and asked, “What are you listening to?”

Sally replied, “Oh, just this comedian. I don't even like him that much.”

Her mom then asked, “Do you know what that word means?”

And Sally responded, “Yes, mom.”

Her mom then explained, “It's the same as using the word 'mudblood.'”

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I just about died when I heard that. I love how a 50 year old woman compared the word 'faggot' to 'mudblood.' It actually is a rather astute comparison, but I think faggot is a bit more offensive and more commonly used in American life than 'mudblood' is used in Harry Potter.

No comments: