Monday, July 13, 2009

Harry Potter!!!



So, I am a complete Harry-a-holic. I love Harry Potter, and I am SOOO excited for the new movie. I think it could be the best movie yet. I have been rereading books 1 through 5 in the lead up to the movie. After I see it, I will reread 6 and then 7. This movie is going to be the darkest of the ones so far.

The reviews of it have been really good so far, so I'm excited. I really wanted to see the movie in IMAX, but I found out that only IMAX 3D is coming out on July 15, and it is only coming out in three theaters. One in Los Angeles, one in Chicago, and one in New York. I found out that IMAX (not 3D) is coming out at the end of July, and it will be in many more locations.

I would go see IMAX in LA if it weren't 3D. I think 3D is kind of cheesy and lame, but maybe I'm biased because I remember how it used to be. I'm sure it has gotten so much better, but I don't want to risk it on Harry Potter.

So, I am seeing it in what is called a Director's Theater. Basically, the seats are super super nice. However, it is a lot more expensive. I'm not really sure why I am paying 5 bucks more for a nicer seat, but whatever. It is Harry Potter, after all. Oh ya, I'm not seeing it at midnight because I couldn't get tickets. Instead, I am seeing it on Saturday.

Ya, that's all I could think to say. Oh, let's play a game. It's called Who Is Hotter?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The IMAX 3D system uses glasses with polaroid filter lens rather than the cheesy glasses with the red and green lens. It is projected with two separate projectors. You see the movie in full color. I think you might like it.

Jason Carwin said...

oh. thank you for that info. Ya, I remember those stupid red and green glasses that made you look stupid. I know they have new glasses and everything, but I cannot break through that bias I have. Maybe I will see something else in 3D and see if I like it.