3 pronged post coming your way:
Water Polo
- I am sore and tired. I did not play a Water Polo game. No, I was just watching and cheering. Two of my best friends were playing, and it was the most intense game I've ever seen. My group of friends and I took up position behind the goal and we spent the entire game cheering.
The game lasted 4 quarters, like usual. As the fourth quarter wound down, we were tied 9 to 9. With 1.93 seconds left in the game, the opposing team scored, and their cheering section erupted, thinking they had won the game. However, they did not anticipate my best friend. She was 13 meters away from the goal and there were .3 seconds left when she got the ball. The entire opposing team gathered in front of the goal to try and block, and somehow, her shot sailed past a sea of hands, hit the goalie's arm and bounced in.
This miracle shot, as the newspapers dubbed it, led to 2 overtimes. One would that that would be enough, but no. We had 4 additional sudden-deaths after that.
In total, the team played almost 2 games of water polo. Fortunately, we won with a beautiful shot from about 8 meters out.
My lungs hurt and my legs are sore. I don't think I've ever been that nervous. Even my exams don't worry me that much. My heart was racing. I thought I was going to have a heart attack!
Johnny Weir
- Some think he was robbed at the Olympics. I think that he was underscored, but I do not think it kept him off the podium. I would have placed him at 4th or 5th, not 6th.
But he had another money quote: "You have to live your life for yourself. So even when I was little I was playing on a soccer team and running the complete opposite way pretending to be a zebra, an ostrich or something. So I have always been like this."
I love him.
Secrets
- As for the secrets within my group: I did not mean that we do not keep secrets to ourselves. If I have a secret that is my own, I might keep it, and that is OK. I meant that we strive to prevent secrets from being shared amongst half the group and not the other half. We think it's wrong for some people to be "in the know" and others not. It's similar to the divide between the haves and have nots. We don't want that within our group.
2 comments:
The whole secrets thing makes a lot more sense now that you've clarified it. Of course it's every person's right to have their own secrets but I can appreciate how you feel that the group ethic is undermined by the partial sharing of secrets.
Whether or not you can successfully promote this within the group as a whole remains to be seen but I wish you the best.
Mac
I wish a water polo game were the only thing in my life that made me nervous. :/
Post a Comment