Friday, February 5, 2010

L.A. Restaurant Week!

We had the table at the back of the room, to the right of the lips.

Tonight is the last night of L.A. Restaurant Week. This is a week when poorer folks (like my friends and I) can dine at some of L.A.'s best restaurants. The top restaurants in the area make prix fixe menus that cost either $24, $34, or $44. Given that meals at these restaurants usually average around $70 to $120 per person, these prices are great deals.

My friends and I went out to Katsuya in Hollywood last night. It's not the best restaurant in Los Angeles, but the food was pretty good. Also, it's known for it's celebrity sightings. Lady Gaga and Perez Hilton ate there, so how could we not go?

We didn't see any celebrities, but a handful of paparazzi were hanging around outside. Also, we saw a really trashy girl who looked like Ke$ha, but it wasn't her. Oh ya, this bathroom also featured flat sinks!

Yes, it was a Thursday night, but we're second semester Seniors, so who cares? It was just an evening of hanging out, talking story, and laughing.

10 comments:

hummyb said...

oooh i would faint if i saw lady gaga or britney!!

Anonymous said...

Now that would be something to see a celebrity at while eating dinner

cvn70 said...

Jason

SOunds like really nice time. I hope all is well and dont ferget even second semester senoirs need to do some home work :P

hope al is well, take care and be safe

bob

Steven Lester said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steven Lester said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steven Lester said...

Senioritis. The DOWNFALL of every uptight 18+ student. An insidious disease, my friend. WTF (I have NO idea what those letters stand for but everybody seems to use it these days as a response of either non-conformity or non-caring or great surprise, so I suppose that I should use it too.)! Your website is making me much more hip...or with it...or whatever the word is that you young people use today. Please tell me so that I may know also!

Steven Lester said...

I read an article about Lady Gaga a couple of weeks ago that said that in real life she is actually a Jewish princess who much prefers to stay at home with her sickly father while providing for his many needs. This, from a reputable source, I assure you.

Steven Lester said...

As my sainted grandpa used to say, "NO Japanese restaurant is worth a tinker's damn unless it is taken while seated on a mat on the floor with a subserviate Komono-clad ex-prostitute serving everything to your mouth with silken robes ashakin!"

He's dead now.

Chairs? Tables? Swollen lips? Just what does "Katsuya" mean in English, anyway? Outraged conosuers (sic) who don't speak Japanese demand to know!

I---I SNIFF at your "best restaurant"! {sniff} I give a second sniff! {sniff} I bet a German owns the place!



(full north american rights to this review reserved)

Jason Carwin said...

WTF = What the fuck?

The best restaurant in LA is Melisse. It's French and has 2 Michelin stars.

Katsuya is nowhere near that level, but it was still really fun. Like I said, it's a place to see and be seen.

John Doe said...

"but we're second semester Seniors, so who cares?" exactly! i keep telling that to my parents. they dont seem to understand though haha. sounds like you had fun. I miss LA. Lived there till 4th grade and I visited at lease 6 times a year before the economy took a shit. Now maybe once or twice.