Monday, June 29, 2009

May 28, 2009

So, I’ve been struggling with this for over 1 year now. I have been struggling with my homosexuality. I have been trying to figure out if I am gay, and if so, what I should do about that. For a time, I tried to push it aside. I tried to force myself to be straight. I dressed as a straight guy, I acted as a straight guy, and I talked like a straight guy. I would even look up who were considered the hottest women so that I could carry a conversation about this because in reality, I never found that sort of thing interesting. I changed my vocabulary to match that of a straight guy. Hell, I still do this.

Over the past year, I’ve thought a lot about this. Over time, I have slowly become more accepting of myself and who I am, and I am now at the point were I am completely comfortable with who I am and I fully recognize myself as a gay man. This is the first step in coming out, and I wanted to take time to reflect on how I got here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you act/ or did you act before you acted straight? Are you the flamboyant type or what?

I, too, am closeted but I act like any straight guy, I don't think I really have a lot of "tells"

Just wondering.

FMS

D. said...

congrats :)