Monday, June 29, 2009

June 2, 2009

So, I had a pretty crazy weekend. Let’s go over it, shall we?:

Saturday:

Woke up, went to REI at 10 AM, tried to find everything I need, which was really hard. The attendants there were not very helpful, but I don’t blame them. I wouldn’t help a 17 year old kid who is wandering the store. It took me 20 minutes the find the nalgenes. I think they rearranged the store since I was there last. Then at 2, my group for the history/english project came over and we worked on the History/English project. It is about the cycles throughout American history from liberal to conservative and an examination of why that happens and if that is good or bad. It also deals with social issues. I thought that the meeting would last maybe 3 hours, but it lasted 6 hours. At 8, we finally ended and went to a friend's house to play Apples to Apples.

Wow. How lame is my life? Most high schoolers my age go out and party hard until like 3 AM and there is booze and drugs and sex and whatever else happens. Look at me: I play Apples to Apples and go home at 11 in order to (sorta) make curfew. I have never hooked up with anyone in any way (of course, I am gay, so I get a bit of an excuse).

Depite my lameness, I am pretty happy. I love my friends and I enjoy my life. I don’t think I even want the life that so much of America’s youth enjoys. I just like comparing my life to the norm.

5 comments:

naturgesetz said...

Partying hard the way you describe it is not healthy.I t's immature and potentially very harmful in many different ways. I'm happy for you that you haven't gotten sucked in.

Jason Carwin said...

Thanks for that. Ya, I really don't regret not being a partier. I had a good friend that got way into partying and he pretty much disappeared. It was really sad. I wish I could help him, but he lives on the other side of the country and wont answer/return my calls. :(

Aek said...

Partying hard is overrated. I kinda like Apples to Apples, though it's been a while since I've played.

Steevo said...

fuck the norm

we fags gotta be real....

LOL

just starting to read yer blog.

I like it

I am a HS teacher and have a good ear...

steevo

Anonymous said...

I turned apple to apples into a drinking game...haha

You sound a lot like me when I was in English AP three years ago, doing projects and stuff. Bringing me memories, lol

FMS